Calling All Midwestern Moodlers

Re: Calling All Midwestern Moodlers

by Tony Hursh -
Number of replies: 20
How about an online meeting of sorts where we can throw out ideas and try to get some people to commit to different areas of responsibility for putting on the conference?

We can probably use our Elluminate room for that, if that's convenient for everyone else.

I'm not positive what my schedule will be just yet; there's always a lot of juggling in the first week or so of a new semester.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by N Hansen -
My schedule is flexible, so whatever works for others, I can work around it.
In reply to N Hansen

by Tony Hursh -
It looks like Thursday afternoon around 12:30-1:00 is the best time for me, and also seems to work for Scott and you. If that works for others, let me know and I'll set up an Elluminate session in early September.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by N Hansen -
As of now, I am not busy on any Thursdays in September. I will let you know if my plans change.
In reply to Tony Hursh

by Lesli Smith -
You're talking CST, right?  If so, I could catch the last five minutes, but unfortunately, I teach until 12:53 on Thursdays.  Lunch for me is 12:53-1:23, so I would be able to participate a little bit if it ever ran over.  Still, it sounds as if it works for most interested parties, so go with that time.  I can catch up asynchronously, too.  (That's the benefit of Moodle, right? smile )

Excited that this idea is going forward.  big grin
In reply to Lesli Smith

by N Hansen -
You know, I had a very odd dream last night. There was a MoodleMoot being held here in Chicago. Martin had invited the mayor of London (no not Mayor Daley) to give the keynote address. The mayor was talking about how he believed that different classes of society should have different types of education. I found this remark so offensive I stormed out of the lecture hall, slammed the door, and went to some computer where there was some kind of forum discussion going on about the Moot and posted something about how this is America and ideas like this just won't fly here...I don't remember ever having any Moodle dreams before.
In reply to N Hansen

by Frances Bell -
That did make me smile.  Mayor of London is (Red) Ken Livingstone who is always making controversial statements but I cannot imagine him saying that about education.surprise
Although I am sure many people have reacted to his speeches as you did in your dream.  My favourite fact about him is that he is a herpetologist (keeps newts).
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Tony Hursh -
1:00(ish)-1:30(ish) would be okay for me. Does that work for everyone else?

Edit: yes, CST.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Scott Elliott -
That will still work for me!
In reply to Scott Elliott

by N Hansen -
Works for me too.
In reply to N Hansen

by Tony Hursh -
I've requested an Elluminate session for Thursday, September 7 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM CST.

I'll post again once I have confirmation.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Tony Hursh -
The Elluminate session is set up. I'll send the link to Nicole, Scott, and Lesli via separate email.

If anyone else is interested, post here or email me. I would simply post the link, but the Elluminate session has a maximum number of users and I want to make sure we don't run out of seats. First come, first served. smile

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Tony Hursh -
Michael Lindeman from the Illinois Online Network will be joining us as well. I know Scott knows him, 'cause Scott, Michael, and I gave a presentation together last spring.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Tony Hursh -
We still have a few seats left for this. Email me if you're interested.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Lesli Smith -
Hi.  I plan to be at the meeting today, but I wanted to let you know that I have a slight technical complication.  My school installed a proxy-server security system this year, and it looks as if Elluminate will not load while I'm at school.  Luckily, there's a wireless coffee shop five to ten minutes away from school, and I can run there over lunch.  It does, unfortunately, mean that I will have to leave the session early, though, in order to make it back to my class in time. 

Just wanted to let you all know in case I run into any other technical glitches.  Look forward to chatting with you this afternoon.

Lesli
In reply to Lesli Smith

by Tony Hursh -
Great, hope to see you there.

I got email from someone asking about the time. The meeting will be at 1:00 PM Central time, which is daylight savings time for most of us at this time of year.

Our earlier posts said CST, but it's actually CDT for (I think) everybody who's expressed interest.

Sorry for any confusion!

In reply to Lesli Smith

by Tony Hursh -
Lesli, I was going to send you the link then noticed that you don't have a visible email address in your profile. Could you email me privately?

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Lesli Smith -
I should change that.  Used my private email when I signed up two years ago.  You all can reach me at lesli@moodlerooms.com.  Thanks,

Lesli