Using Hyperlinks in a Forum

Using Hyperlinks in a Forum

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 11

Is it posible to use a WWW - Link in a Forum, thatopens an new window?

In the module "Ressource" I can define this. But not in a Forum ...

I would like to support a bigger list of downloads using the possibility of rating in the forum.

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: Using Hyperlinks in a Forum

by John Gone -
Something like this: http://www.sereinigg.at/

Something like this:
<a href="http://www.sereinigg.at/" target="_blank">http://www.sereinigg.at/</a><br />
In reply to John Gone

by Peter Sereinigg -

right, but how did you enter this?

thanks

Peter

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
When using the rich-text editor, use this button (see attached screenshot) to switch to html source.
Attachment toggle_html.gif
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Michelle Moore -
I'm a novice in terms of HTML, so please bear with me. . . Do you get the same effect without using the HTML if you highlight the text in the message that you want to be linked, then select the "Insert Web Link" button (the button that looks like a link of chain) and enter the address of the new page to which you want to link? Or does using the HTML allow you to do some things in terms of links that you cannot do with the link button?
In reply to Michelle Moore

by John Gone -
I think the only way to get a link to open in a new page is to use HTML and use target="_blank".

by Peter Sereinigg -

Thanks for this work arrount, I will use it the next time, but I put a new feature wish in moodle/bugs ... a checkbox used in ressource-modul for links

Its less dangerous for "experts" like me ...

Peter

by Tom Murdock -
I guess I'm not sure how this needs a new feature?

The two good options for including links are using the HTML editor (which is standard way that Microsoft Word includes links), and a little bit of HTML code (which is more for programmers/designers).

I can't imagine any other interface dangling off the forums that would make links even easier. thoughtful What kind of interface idea do you have?
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
(reading Peter's mind wink)
This kind of interface
Attachment new_window.gif
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Tom Murdock -
Ah, I see. A magic new window button. You are a mastermind, Przemyslaw. Have you been holding out on us with this mind-reading skill?

(or am I just turning into an ornery cuss? -- please don't answer black eye)

Yes, that would be a cool addition, Peter. I misread your post from the very start, not realizing that you wanted a new window along with your new link...sad

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The picture is worth at least several hundred words (if not quite a thousand)...  wink