Problem with formal_white (default) theme under Linux

Problem with formal_white (default) theme under Linux

by brent simpson -
Number of replies: 4
Are there any Moodle Linux users out there who have experienced any problems with the formal_white (standard) theme under Linux?

I'm using Fedora Core 5 and Firefox 1.5.0.4 and running Moodle 1.6+ (2006050507) and whenever I try to access a course I get a 2.5 cm gap on the left of the page, just underneath the header.

like this...

screenshot

My JavaScript console says,

Error: Error in parsing value for property 'display'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://exelearning.org/moodle/theme/standard/styles.php
Line: 105

but i'm having a hard time figuring this one out. It seems strange that a CSS problem should be OS specific and not just the old browser inconsistencies.

any suggestions would be welcome. I need to work w/ this theme for a couple of Moodles and it's a real pain to have to view all courses like this.

Brent.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to brent simpson

Re: Problem with formal_white (default) theme under Linux

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Brent,

Have you tried displaying this course with Windows? I think your display problem is probably not related to your platform (Linux) but to your using the Weekly outline. Are you using the Weekly format or the  Weekly format CSS/No tables (there is a bug in the latter). It's a pity your eXe17 course is currently not open to guests, otherwise I could have had a look and reported back. Anyway, in your course eXe 0.6, which is using the Topics format (rather than the Weekly format), all is well, see enclosed screen shot (Windows, Firefox).

Hope that helps,

Joseph

Attachment image-0000.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by brent simpson -
Joseph:

I've tried every format available (except LAMS) and it's still happening for me. Like I said, it's not reproducable on Windows, from my testing - it's only an issue so far on Fedora Core systems. On an Ubuntu system that is running Firefox 1.5.0.3 everything is ok. I'm going to see if I can upgrade my Fedora Firefox, or perhaps even downgrade.

brent.
In reply to brent simpson

by Marc Paré -
Hi Brent:
I am also having the same issue. I am using Mandriva v.2006 w/Firefox 1.5.0.5. It is definitely not a browser issue. I have reinstalled the formal_white from Moodle v.1.5.3 temporarily. If you visit my site you will see that the left hand side is well formatted/rendered. I am not sure what changed in the new version of the formal_white theme. It would be great if someone could help out as I would also prefer to use this them for my site. I have tested with a new logo.jpg the results with the newer formal_white theme is the same.

You can find my site at:  www.FrenchAsAsecondLanguage.org/moodle and access any of the courses as guest to see the results. There is of course an issue with that top bar displaying the page location which is the only problem I can see with the old theme at this point.

Marc