Warning when a student is about to start an attempt

Warning when a student is about to start an attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If the number of attempts at a quiz is limited, or if there is a time limit, the student has to OK a pop-up warning before they can start an attempt.

Previously, the logic for when a warning was shown was completely broken.

I think I have fixed it, but it is a big change, so for now I have only checked it into 1.7 dev.

I would be very grateful if anyone could test starting quiz attempts in 1.7 dev, and make sure the right error is shown at the right time, and that I have not broken anything else.

Once we are sure this is working, I'll check it into 1.6+.

More info in bug 6048.

Must dash off now. Off to see Pirates of the Carribbean.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Warning when a student is about to start an attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Please, someone, test this!

Open source means that we all should be working together to make Moodle better. Not that I fix all your bugs for you for free and with no help.

Tim
(who perhaps should not post to the forums at the end of a long, hot week. wink)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Tim - I would be happy to test this. By chance are the code changes posted to test.moodle.com? Thanks for all your work on the quiz module - it is one that many folks rely on and it is very, very complicated. Peace.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Tim Hunt -
test.moodle.com seems to be running 1.6+ at the moment. At the moment the change I want tested is only in 1.7 dev.

1.6+ is meant to be a stable branch, so I don't want to check these particular changes into it until I am sure I have not messed anything up.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by N Hansen -
Tim-You are getting paid to do this work by the OU. But many of the rest of us helping to test these things ARE doing so for free.
In reply to N Hansen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hmm, I'm not sure Tim is paid to post messages to Moodle forums at 10:19 PM on a Friday night. sleepy
Have a nice w-end everybody. cool
Joseph