Where did my WYSIWYG editor go?

Where did my WYSIWYG editor go?

by Panagiotis Iliopoulos -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone,

My problem is pretty straight forward but very very important, after the update to moodle 1.6 form 1.5.2 I simply lost the WYSIWYG it only opens the html code. mixed

Does anyone has any idea?

Panayiotis
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Panagiotis Iliopoulos

Re: Where did my WYSIWYG editor go?

by Tim Allen -
That is odd - the obvious thing to check first is your profile - make sure that "When editing text" is set to "Use HTML Editor".

Also, check in Adminstration --> Configuration --> Editor Setting and make sure that "HTML Editor" is set to "allow".

Let me know how you get on, smile
Tim. 
In reply to Tim Allen

Well Tim my problem is certainly odd, and not only that but it extends even further. Both of the settings you told me are set up correctly. I have managed to pinpoint the source of the problem, I have to say I am really confused.

First of all I have to say that after I observed this I immediately made a post but unfortunatelly when I started looking at this I noticed that it has to do with the language pack I am using.

When I use my own lang pack, from 1.5.2, with my own translations which I made and I converted it to utf8 for the update to 1.6, the editor doesn't show up in any resource, activity, block etc. literally my entire site. This is when I use mozilla, when I use IE6 and in some resources I use, not all, and only in the first page of the site the edit screen of each resource doesn't open at all, just stays blank.

Now when I use the lang pack from moodle, which is el_utf8 folder the same thing happens in both browsers .

When I am using the en_utf8 lang pack everything works great!!!!!!!!!

It appears that even with the downloaded version of the el lang pack the problem occures not only with my own translated/converted lang pack.

Why would the lang packs have any effect on the site besides the translations? I am really stuck with this, I don't dare even to think to upgrade my production site.

I hope I am making sense and you can understand my problem.

Panayiotis.

PS: My local installation is: Apache 2.0.54, MySql 4.1.20, php 4.4.2, moodle 1.6+ (which I downloaded today) and MS Windows XP SP2
In reply to Panagiotis Iliopoulos

by Tim Allen -
Hi Panayiotis,

I just tested this on both 1.5.4 and 1.6 for both the el and el_utf8 language packs on both the front page and inside a course and I had no problems - the HTML editor always appeared.  This was on both Firefox and IE.

I am not sure why that is happening to you.  What happens when you login as another student, does the same thing occur?  Also, does this happen on different computers or only on one computer?  These steps might help you to narrow down the problem.

Tim. smile
In reply to Tim Allen

Hey Tim,

Sorry for my late reply but I was in over my head, I finally fixed it, I think. The thing is that perhaps the conversion I had made to my previous lang/el files to utf was not all that good, I re did it, using notepad++ and not frontpage, plus I've left untranslated the module names and the resources as it seems that this was causing problems.

Anyway its all fixed now and the HTML editor works fine and I am able to use my translations.