Problem with "sessions"

Problem with "sessions"

by Ólafur Ólafsson -
Number of replies: 2

I've just upgraded on two hosts. Host a) gave me this:

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/heimanam/public_html/heimanam/uploaddata/sessions/sess_0f879aa86bd8a589be6f33132280112d, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/heimanam/public_html/heimanam/uploaddata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0
Can anyone tell me what to do? Plesae

On host b) When I go to the url I can login as an admin but when logged in and trying to get to the frontpage I'm always redirected to: /admin/config.php

Again, Can anyone tell me what to do? Plesae

Best regards

Ólafur

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ólafur Ólafsson

Re: Problem with "sessions"

by Ken Wilson -

Olafur

For host a), PHP is telling you that it cannot write to /home/heimanam/public_html/heimanam/uploaddata/sessions. Edit your php.ini file and search for session.save_path and check that it is correct. Then check that the permissions are set correctly, which should be 700 (see this thread http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=43092).

For host b), it looks like Moodle's initial configuration steps have not been completed. Maybe someone else can help you on this one!

Ken

In reply to Ken Wilson

Re: Problem with "sessions"

by Ólafur Ólafsson -

Ken,

for Host a) I edited php.ini file as you suggested and everything went fine smile

thank you

Best regards Olafur