[[ and ]] showing in new modules!?

[[ and ]] showing in new modules!?

by Ronald van Weerd -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,

I posted this in the feedback forum first, but after installing the questionnaire module a similar issue came up, so I guess it is more general.

in the "add block" feedback is displayed as "feedback" in stead of "Feedback"

I just installed "Questionnaire" module and when creating a questionnaire, some of the field description and some content also shows with "xxxxx" around it.

See attached links to screenshots (hope they work like this).

Issue01Issue02

Moodle 1.6 standard is working fine and the issue only comes up for new modules (well, these two sofar)

I am running a clean install locally of moodle 1.6 on the latest WAMP which includes:
PHP 5.1.4.4
MySQL 5.0.21 (5.0.21-community-nt)
Apache 2.0.55
Windows XP professional SP2

Which seems to meet the requirements as outlined in the installation documentation of v1.6. I did not encounter this issue in the latest v1.5 of Moodle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, have to do a demo tomorrow and I would like it to be "perfect"

Ronald
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ronald van Weerd

Re: [[ and ]] showing in new modules!?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ronald,

the brackets appear when there is no Language file for the module - did you copy over the lang files for the module when you installed it?

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ronald van Weerd -
Hi Dan,

thanks,

I followed the instructions from the questionnaire's downloaded "README.txt" (I actually added some punctuation to the file as well to make it easier to understand smile. But this may be outdated for 1.6?

It basically tells me to copy the entire directory to moodle/mod and go to admin to updated and finalise the installation. That worked except for the brackets issue.

Do I need to copy the language directory to both moodle/lang and moodledata/lang?

thanks in advance,
Ronald

edited and added by me, the lang directory was missing in moodledata/lang so I winmerged it also into the moodledata/lang directory, but I think a fresh install will be better.

Let me get back to you later!
In reply to Ronald van Weerd

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ronald,

just had a look at the download for questionnarire, and it contains a lang dir with all the lang files - normally you would copy this into your moodle dir. - problem is that the lang files in the download are only for 1.5 1.6 has UTF8 lang packs - which the download does not include.

You will need to either create your own utf8 lang packs, or ask the questionnaire maintainer to update them - try asking a question in the modules and plugins forum here:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?f=469

*just noticed it looks like there might already be a seperate download for 1.6 - see the discussion here:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?f=469

good luck!

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ronald van Weerd -
Hi Dan, thanks a lot!

your addition:
"*just noticed it looks like there might already be a seperate download for 1.6 - see the discussion here:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?f=469"

mentions the same link as the one before, is that a copy/paste "typo"?

If you do have the link available, it would be much appreciated as I am definitely interested in it (I can search for it for myself as well of course, feeling a bit lazy and busy actually smile

The demo went fine today, with a few glitches that were not even noticed,

Ronald