Drag and Drop Question

Re: Drag and Drop Question

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Number of replies: 6
Oops, sorry, I forgot about that rouge !!
Here it is. I hope I didn't missed anything in extracting an old version from CVS.
The only thing I changed from the 1.6 version downloadable before I started to upgrade thsi questiontype for Moodle 1.7 is that I have included the latest version of Walter Zorn javascript dragdrop library because it include many bugfixes.
Warning to other users coming to this thread : I repeat that this file is for Moodle 1.6x only !! If you are using Moodle 1.7x, read the other messages in this discussion and you will learn where you can download the 1.7 version !!
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Guy Broster -
Ahh...many thanks for that! I thought I was being extremely dim, or losing my mind. I considered using CVS, but to be fair didn't really know what I was doing so decided to avoid spending many wasted hours achieving nothing.

I'll be using this in my new Moodle set-up I am using on a teaching practice as a trainee teacher. My research project is based around the effectiveness of using a VLE for assessment in ICT and every quiz type I can use will come in handy.

Thanks again.
In reply to Guy Broster

by Steve Bilton -
Ah HA!

I knew it wasn't me being stupid!

Thanks for the working Drag & Drop for 1.6

Many Thanks!

Steve B
SHEilds Ltd

by Rorschach Vision -
Jean thanks for your 1.7 updates. The drag & drop activity works in Firefox, but is totally unusable in internet explorer.

I'm attaching a zip file with an image of the problem, and the code where the error is happening.

It looks like the dhtml is using 'absolute positioning' and not 'relative', although I'm not totally sure. Also the pics have all disappeared but they do appear in the 'source code' which I'm attaching in another reply post.

Any ideas? sad
Attachment drag_drop_msie_error.jpg
In reply to Rorschach Vision

by Rorschach Vision -
Preview output of the drag/drop positioning error.
In reply to Rorschach Vision

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Hello,
Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce your problem.
I tested D&D questions with IE6, IE7 and Firefox with no problem both in taking the quiz and viewing the solutions.
Hundreds of my students have taken quizes with D&D questions and I suppose various browsers (these quizes were practice quizes so attempted at their home).
Nobody reported any odd behavior.
Did you tested that on several computers ?

by Rorschach Vision -
Thanks for that confirmation Jean-Michel. With your clarification that 1.7 is 100% working, I realised that I had find the only thing different between your install and mine, which was the theme.

I've changed it from the clouds theme to the standard, and now it works perfecto! big grin Cheers mate!