Google Summer of Code 2006

Re: Google Summer of Code 2006

by Christian Bokhove -
Number of replies: 3
Getting RQP working again, so Moodle can cater for intelligent feedback on mathematics questions.
In reply to Christian Bokhove

by Jeff Forssell -
I'm very interested too in " intelligent feedback on mathematics questions."

So I tried searching for what is RQP in moodle
without success (though I somehow got to http://docs.moodle.org/en/RQP_question_developer_docs
But didn't feel very enlightened. A google search named "Remote question protocol" which seemed possible, And one of the links went to Gustav Ds place. I was impressed before when I tried the STACK demo there. I have even downloaded STACK and the stuff it needs, but haven't found the opportunity to knit it together. (Or should I upgrade from 1.6 beta 1 to beta 3 after trying out PHP adm plugin to back up first .......... )

I have some feature requests in about the numerical questions and have found that the engine supports feedback for different intervals though the interface doesn't (one can add them by hand in an exported XML and reimport). Paolo is working on fixing the unit feature on Numerical questions, so it least doesn't give "right" for no unit when one should be given. I would like there to be differentiated feedback for errors in number and unit (and preferably support for SI prefixes and multiple strings for equivalents like g gr gram grams or J Ws kgm/s^2 etc)

I assume you are intersted in algebraic expressions as well as numerical.

I don't know how close STACK is (though Gustav seems too burdened to expect anything soon.) I don't know what RQP is. I tried checking your site, but my Nederlands comprehension is dead. (Is there any English version I've missed?)

What people would be interested in specifying what kind of intelligent feedback on mathematics questions we want in Moodle for a possible Google Sommar Project?
In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Jeff Forssell -
I've noticed that several people in the quiz forum have suggested that searchable quiz bank (and additionally a labels feature (also known as tags or keywords) would be useful) could be a suitable Google Summer Code project(s).

But when I check this thread, I don't see it mentioned, so I thought I ought to put it in here.  There! I did it. approve

In reply to Jeff Forssell

by Christian Bokhove -

RQP is broken from version 1.5.+ Moodle onwards. That's why I want it working again. Gustav says it should work again in 1.6 final release. I hope so, it has something to do with the SOAP connection.

RQP is a XML dialect that could be used in the quiz module for remote questions. RQP can communicate with a RQP enabled server. STACK is a RQP enabled program. The RQP dialect works much the same as the XML used in STACK itself.

I haven't found any time to make an English version. I would love to get RQP and thus feedback in the quiz module for maths questions, working again.