No Admin Menu in Course with socialformat

No Admin Menu in Course with socialformat

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

I made a new course in socuial format, but i can't see an admin menu for this course. In other coures with weekly format i have an admin menu. Who can help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: No Admin Menu in Course with socialformat

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I know it's obvious, but are you logged in as a teacher or admin?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Martin,

we 've tested it on an other system with the same situation. As teacher or as admin there is no admin menu. Andre in Berlin made the test on his updated system. There must be a problem.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've just tested it again on my local test server, but it's working fine for me whether I'm logged in as an admin, a teacher or a non-editing teacher. It's also working fine on this site, for example in the Deutsches course, is it not?

Are there any errors in your Apache error log? 

You may want to get a fresh copy of the code ...

by Ralf Hilgenstock -

On my local system I haven't this problem. I will take a fresh copy tonight. I can't see the apache error log. It is a hosted server. 

Just an other question. Last night we made some changes in the Deutsche Forum on moodle.org. For some hours we had a new blind forum. I thought only teacher can see this forum. One user mailed in the morning, that he red the text in the blind forum and posted a message, but he couldn't see the message in the forum.

Now my question: Can user see blind activities in social format or what happend?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Yes, only teachers are supposed to see hidden activities. Can you replicate this problem? (I can't).

by André Krüger -
Picture of Core developers
I hope I have replicated the problem. Today I have made a new copy of my test system with version 1.2.When I logged on the first time as a teacher I can see admin menu. Everthing is ok.
Then I leave the course and loggod out. When I logged in the second time and go to the course in social format I can' t see the admin menu.
In the second step I installed Moodle version 1.1.1. everything was ok. I can see the admin menu in the social forum all times.
The third idea was the function print_course_admin_links from the file lib.php. But my basics in php are not enough too understand this function.
Therefore I make changes in the databases manual. When I overwrite the field currentlogin from the user- table with zero and after that I logged in as a teacher, everthing is ok. I can see the admin menu in the social format.But that can`t be the solution.
In the last step I check together with Ralf the php- settings. There we found in the documentation php_value magic_quotes_gpc On, but on my server this setting is On.
Have anybody an idea to solve this problem ?

Re: No Admin Menu in Course with socialformat / same problem

by Sonia Blanc -

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem :
As admin with moodle (1.3.2) on localhost, I have create 3 disciplines and each has 1 course.

I could not go back to administration for none of these courses and neither to enrol students...

Tonight I create a new course in one of the discipline and it was possible to modify settings students, teachers in the bottom back menu admin. But for the course create before still not.

I thought it might came from the begin date of the course ( in order not ot modifiy it after it is open...) but I made the test in creating the new one and it does not matter.

If anyone has an new idea for this...

Bye for now.

Anyway what a nice program! thanks.grand sourire

Sonia