Cabri filter for displaying Cabri figures

Cabri filter for displaying Cabri figures

by Brecht De Cooman -
Number of replies: 0

Having recently discovered two fine applets (the JMol filter for Moodle and the more widely applicable CabriJava applet), I had the modest idea to take the JMol filter as a basis to develop a similar Cabri filter for Moodle, which takes advantage of the CabriJava technology.

For those who don't know Cabri, it is a geometry program developed by the French company Cabrilog. I think a lot of schools and universities work with this piece of software. It's use extends far over the "simple" domain of geometry, as you can find out on the CabriJava homepage or on this (French) site demonstrating the power of the CabriJava applet (often physics laws).

Download ?

Download the zip file here.

How to install ?

1. Remember to first change the 2 variables at the beginning of the $callbackfunction in the file "filter.php".
  2. Place the "cabri" folder in your Moodles "filter" folder.
  3. Then, to activate this filter, go to admin and enable 'cabri'.

How to use ? 

The filter wil replace all text linked to a Cabri-file (.fig) uploaded to the server. At the end of this linked text, you can specify Width and Height between brackets, separated by an "x"

e.g. figure 1 (400x250)

(Below are two images, showing the source text in a "web page" resource, and the result when looked at)

Being new to PHP programming I know this filter maybe isn't the best example of good practice, so feel free to comment or ask questions ...

cabri source

cabri result

Average of ratings: -