Backup errors

Backup errors

by steven lyons -
Number of replies: 7
I just noticed that automatic backup has stopped working. So I tried to do a manual backup and got these errors in the "Include Course Users" section of the Course Backup screen:
.............................................................................................

Include Course Users

Unknown column 'userfrom' in 'field list'

SELECT DISTINCT userfrom as id, 1 FROM mdl_message

Unknown table 'mc' in field list

SELECT DISTINCT mc.contactid as id,1 FROM mdl_message_contacts

users 20

.............................................................................................

Can anyone offer guidance on this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to steven lyons

Re: Backup errors

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It seems it's a bug in .../moodle/message/lib.php. You have to edit that file, go to line 1030 (the line number is for 1.5.3+, your's may vary) and find the line that says:

if ($message_from_users = get_records_sql("SELECT DISTINCT userfrom as id, 1 FROM  {$CFG->prefix}message")) {

and change 'userfrom' with 'useridfrom'. Then look at line 1055, that says:

if ($contact_to_users = get_records_sql("SELECT DISTINCT mc.contactid as id,1 FROM {$CFG->prefix}message_contacts")) {

and change 'mc.contactid' with 'contactid'.

That sould fix it.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by steven lyons -
Thanks, but that didn't work. Your suggested change stalled the backup completely with the following errors:

Include Course Users
Parse error: parse error in /var/www/vhosts/stevenlyons.org/httpdocs/message/lib.php on line 3

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_get_participants() in /var/www/vhosts/stevenlyons.org/httpdocs/backup/backuplib.php on line 155
In reply to steven lyons

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hummm, you are getting an error on line 3 of message/lib.php, which in my copy of 1.5.3+ is an empty line. ???

I would restore the original file from a fresh original copy of it (from a backup or a download from download.moodle.org) and would do the edit again. You only have to change a couple of words inside existing strings, so this can't give PHP syntax errors mixed

Otherwise, you could attach your current message/lib.php here in a post and I would have a look at it.

Saludos. Iñaki.

by steven lyons -
Thanks again Inaki.

I am also using 1.5.3+ and have tried your suggested change twice now with the same effect.

file is attached.

In reply to steven lyons

by Iñaki Arenaza -
I opened a bug and Penny L. has just fixed it in 1.5.3+ in CVS. If you are updating from CVS, the fix should be there. If you are updating from daily snapshots, the next build (tomorrow?) will include the fix.

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Have you tried the latest 1.5.3+? Penny L. is waiting for a confirmation that the fix is indeed working, before closing the bug.

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Penny Leach -
Steven - can you confirm this is fixed in the latest 1.5.3+ so we can close the bug report if it is?