SMTP Error : Data not accepted

SMTP Error : Data not accepted

by Allan Neo -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I am a new member of moodle and manage to get it install and playing around with it. However, I release that the new member sign up function is given me some problem.

It give me the following error when I sign up a new member...

Error SMTP error: data not accepted.

Tried to send you an email but failed!

The account is created as I can see it in the user list. My SMTP is working as I can I can get it to send me details for password forgotten feature.

What else could be wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Allan Neo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allan Neo

Re: SMTP Error : Data not accepted

by Jonathan Moore -
Allan,

Is there any chance that the emails you are getting from the system go to one domain and the email addresses entered for the users that you are getting the error message for go to another?

For example a lot of email servers are setup to reject messages for unknown domains. If the mail come from your system has an unresolvable domain suchs as root@localhost.localdomain some servers will reject it and others won't.

So I woud start with looking at the message that is making it through and who it shows as the sender and procede from there.
In reply to Jonathan Moore

Re: SMTP Error : Data not accepted

by Allan Neo -

Thank you Jonathan,

Look like is my email domain setting issues. I am using an unregister domain name. Will need to register it before I can send email out to my company domain.