Completing sections of a course before other sections/resources are visible

Completing sections of a course before other sections/resources are visible

by Todd Thornton -
Number of replies: 5
I'm new to Moodle and I can't seem to figure out how to make parts of a course a requirement before other sections are visible. I understand I can "Hide" sections in a course but that requires opening those sections back up. In my situation, I'm teaching online real estate classes so everyone is starting at different days/times so I can't just "unhide" a test/resource on a given day. Unfortunately, because of organizations that license my classes, my classes have to follow a prescribed order.

Bottom line is that I'd like to know how to automatically set up a course so that when students are finished with one activity or section, only then will the next section appear available to them. I'm probably just missing something simply but I would certainly appreciate any help I could get.

Sincerely,
Todd Thornton
toddthornton@glasgow-ky.com

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd Thornton

Re: Completing sections of a course before other sections/resources are visible

by Anna Krassa -

Hi Todd

that 's a very interesting note!...

Even though I am not a Moodle expert, I think you can't do an adjustment about this... thoughtful have you tried to work with groups?

Anna

In reply to Todd Thornton

by Bob Clarke -

Todd,

You can turn on "Activities Linking" and use it to determine when an activity becomes visible. I find it very useful in pretesting, or challenge testing. If the student is successful in a challenge test, that part of the course is not made visible. If requiring additional resources, those linked to an unsuccessful outcome will now appear.

Bob

In reply to Bob Clarke

by Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Hello-
I would LOVE TO have access to this. I poked around all the admin settings and can not find Activities Linking anywhere? How do I turn it on and where can I find it? This would be too cool.  One of the few features I really miss from WebCT.
Appreciate any input you can give me!
Thanks!
In reply to Deb Burdick-Hinton

by Myra Roldan -

Hi;

When you login your Moodle site and if you have admin rights, you will go to the admin panel and under site settings you can turn on "arbitrary HTML or activities" on the Front Page Format.

Then when you go to your front page, click "Turn editing on" and you can control the activites there.

Myra Berrios
J.S.I., LLC