Feature request: "late" quizzes

Feature request: "late" quizzes

by Jacob Kier -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone,

I have been using the quiz module extensively for posting multiple choice/true false assignments. This is working great except for when I have students who, for whatever reason, don't complete the quiz by the close date. As part of my courses I allow late turn-in for the first few days after an assignment is due with a penalty. Currently there doesn't seem to be a convenient way to do this with the quiz module--I have to manually go in and change the close date so that the student(s) who did not complete the quiz can get in.

Maybe if there were a "due" date and then an optionally different "close" date on the setup page for a quiz? The due date could work exactly like the close date now (show this date on the calendar, events, etc.) but the quiz would not actually become unavailable until the close date. And, since I'm dreaming pie-in-the-sky here, maybe an option to apply daily penalties past the due date (like 10% per day past the due date). smile

Or should there be an entirely seperate module for this more assignment like functionality of the quiz module?

Jacob
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacob Kier

Re: Feature request: "late" quizzes

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I too have wished there was a way to have students take a quiz late and then apply some type of late penalty. I have not checked to see if a similar request has been made but it would be worth adding as a feature request to the Quiz module.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Jacob Kier

by Jacob Kier -
Thanks for the support guys.  I've gone ahead and submitted an official feature request through the bug tracker (which I didn't realize I could do when I posted this) for this issue and another I had posted on earlier.

Thanks,
Jacob
In reply to Jacob Kier

by Jacob Kier -
I've started working on this myself.  I've got the due date in addition to the close date working, now I just need to add the penalties.

What's the best way to submit this when I'm finished?  I know zilch about CVS.  I've been making my changes to 1.5.3+.

Jacob