Help My students disapeard

Help My students disapeard

by Loren Winfrey -
Number of replies: 3
I have 26 students in one class running on 1.1.1

I needed to do some customizing to make things work on my server.

Well it was working fine and all of a suddon I lost the students!
In the assignment page, I get "14 submitted assignments" but when I go to view and grade the statement I get states "No students enrolled in this course yet".

The latest change I made is the updating html editor.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Loren
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Loren Winfrey

Re: Help My students disapeard

by Junaid Haroon -
The same happened with me recently. The participants page showed 109 students but no teachers and no students listed and same other problems as Loren describes.

Everything was intact in the database. I further checked that the count_records function was working correctly but the get_course_students and get_course_teachers functions were failing. I tried the queries they were generating directly and they were giving answers. While I was trying to debug, all of a sudden everything started working again with the original code and no modifications mixed so I was unable to find the problem but there sure was some problem thoughtful

by Lev Abramov -

Folks,

updating the editor has nothing to do with this. I think I know what has happened. (not sure - take it as an educated guess)

I have just gone thru the same ordeal: plenty of users on the site users list - but none appear on a course roster.

turns out my no-login period was too short: I bring this class to a computer lab once a month while the limit was set on 21 days before they got unenrolled.

Solution? Re-enrol them manually - and re-set the longtimenosee limit to a longer period.

I want to ask again: if someone can change this from a global setting to a course-specific one we'd all be grateful.

Lev

by Junaid Haroon -
It happened with me again when I upgraded the latest version from cvs after the upgrade was successfully completed. And I upgraded the whole package as Martin said in another thread. I tried to find the problem and again the two functions get_course_students and get_course_teachers were not working.

When I directly ran the queries the two functions were generating mysql reported that timeaccess is not a field which was certainly not there in the database when I checked.

It seems the upgrade somehow skipped this check in lib/db/mysql.php
if ($oldversion < 2003102700)
even though it did added the showreports that is below this check and all other upgrades.

I added the code from this part to a new file with just config.php included above it and accessed it to manually upgrade and after that everything seems to be back to normal.

It seems strange but the developers might have a better idea of what happened. May be it is because a version dispatched after 2003102700 missed this upgrade line and it was added later or may be something else.

Junaid