Restore Course halting on Gradebook...Calculating

Restore Course halting on Gradebook...Calculating

by David Roberts -
Number of replies: 6

Hey everyone,

I fairly new to Moodle and really new to this forum... so, excuse me if I miss something...

I am moving my site to a sub-domain... so I installed a fresh copy of 1.5.2 on the sub.. I backed up the courses as usual... I have six. The first, second and forth do fine on restoring to the new site... but the others will not... here is where is stops...

Creating gradebook
Preferences. . . . . . . .
Letters. . . . .
Categories. .

I have taken the advice of the bugs tracker and changes to change the following...

Fix:
To fix the problem, change:
raise_memory_limit("memory_limit","128M");
to:
raise_memory_limit("128M");

But not luck... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Roberts

Re: Restore Course halting on Gradebook...Calculating

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Dave,

to have some more information I suggest you to enable "debug" in the "Admin/Configure/Variables" page. Then, re-run your restore.

Also, if you have access to your Apache "error.log" file, take a look to it, perhaps errors are being thrown there.

Please inform if you find anything...

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by David Roberts -

Thanks Eloy!!

I turned on Debug... nothing came out of that...

I found the error log and there is nothing on today's date that is even close to this issues...actually nothing on that subdomain...

I am also not sure if the file I found is the apache error.log file...because it is in the cpanel and just says error log... so not positive...

dave

In reply to David Roberts

by Sergey Petkov -

Hello!

I'm having exactly the same problem with one of my courses. I cannot restore it and I also cannot find why this particular course is not to be restored.

Debugging does not show anything and so does the apache error file. It looks as if the script just stops and the browser blocks. I tried it on both IE6 and Firefox.

I tried to restore other courses and it worked for them.

Does anyone have an idea where the problem is?

p.s. In the .zip file is the backup for the problem course

In reply to Sergey Petkov

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Sergey,

thanks for your backup file! I wasn't able to reproduce the problem with my test backup files. With your example, finally I've found the cause and, after some minor, but critical, changes to the restore code, everything seems to be working quite well.

Changes has been sent to CVS (both to 1.5 and HEAD) and they will be available in the next 1.5.2+ daily release (24 hours from now). The modified file (backup/restorelib.php) should be, at least, version 1.144.2.8 (info available in the first line of the file).

Feedback will be appreciated. I hope it'll be positive.

TIA and ciao smile

by Sergey Petkov -

Thanks for your immediate reaction!

It works great now, as far as I can see! I hope I won't have any more troubles with courses' backup & restore.

by Nick Whitt -
Same situation with us; your fix appears to be working great.  Thanks!

~Nick