Limiting enrolment numbers

Limiting enrolment numbers

by peter serko -
Number of replies: 11
I'd like to limit the enrolment of a course to a set number of students while still allowing students to self-enrol but have enrolment closed after a certain number.  I don't see any setting that allows this kind of configuration.  Seems like this would be a useful option to have.

Thanks in advance for the help
Average of ratings: -
In reply to peter serko

Re: Limiting enrolment numbers

by John Moon -
I agree, if anyone has any idea how to add this enhancement it would be greatly appreciated.
In reply to peter serko

by John Moon -

Hi,

Ken Wilson has developed this option (and is continuing to do so).

You can find the files he has developed at:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=50063

Be aware that future messages regarding this thread will now be based in this Forum.

In reply to John Moon

by Jonny McAlister -
Hi there

Was wondering if anyone has a 1.7 version of these files as yet for the max enrolments???

Many thanks

Jonny
In reply to Jonny McAlister

by John Moon -
Hi,

Unfortunately no, I advised Ken about this and he was going to look at it, but obviously hasn't had a chance to get around to it as yet...... I'll ask him again.
In reply to John Moon

by John Moon -

He's getting there, having other issues dealing with 1.7 atm, so sit tight smile

JM

In reply to John Moon

by Jonny McAlister -
Thats great news...its a smart little addon I'll be keen to see it working within 1.7

Keep me updated

Cheers

Jonny
In reply to Jonny McAlister

by Jesse Demarco -
Hello all,

Just wanted to check in an see if there has been any progress toward having a class limit plug-in for v 1.7 ?

In reply to Jesse Demarco

by Jesse Demarco -
Thanks to the detail of changes provided in the read-me, I was able implement it in 1.7
Still testing to make sure it works. When I am confident its ok I will post the files

In reply to Jesse Demarco

by Jit San Chia -
I followed the detail steps in the readme too. Initial testing in 1.7.1+ seems to be working just fine.
In reply to Jit San Chia

by Winston D'Souza -

Thanks Ken and several others who have contributed to this topic.

Is there a set of files to limit enrolment numbers for version 1.8 too?

Some of the files included in the zipped add-ons are incompatible with Moodle 1.8.

Many thanks