Problem with reading text in JCross

Problem with reading text in JCross

by Paola Pippia -
Number of replies: 4
Sorry if my English is not corrected...
Importing in Moodle an Italian Jcross, with reading text, I have a problem.  

If I choose Moodle navigation bar, I do not see the crossword, but only the
reading text.  If I choose the other navigation options I see all good.
Thanks! Paola

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paola Pippia

Re: Problem with reading text in JCross

by Paola Pippia -
Gordon, I uploaded my Jcw file in HotPot v2.1 public testing area, but it doesn't work properly, if I choose Moodle navigation bar: i can't see the crossword on the correct page.
I'd like to know if is it correct to load HTM file rather than the Jwc file.
Thats the only way I can see the reading text in the proportions that I wish.
I thank you in advance for your help.

Ciao, Paola

In reply to Paola Pippia

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Paola,
thank you very much for uploading the quiz. It contained several things (notably unencrpyted accented characters in the title, and tags in the reading) that I had not come across before, so it was very useful for the development of the HotPot module smile

I have put the 'htm' and 'jcw' version of the quiz in section 3 of the following course:
http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/16/ms/course/view.php?id=3

Please could you try it out and confirm that it is working as expected.

Grazie!
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Paola Pippia -
Thank you Gordon! I appreciated your work and the timely answer. I've verified the course and both 'htm' and 'jcw' look to be working properly. However, I think the 'htm' looks better than the other.
Very good!
Ciao, Paola

In reply to Paola Pippia

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks again for the continuing feedback Paola.

It was tricky work to get the 'htm' version and the 'jcw' version to look the same, but I have done it. Hopefully, you can't tell the difference between them now smile

For your information, the difference in appearance was caused by newlines in the reading. Generally, these are converted to <br> tags, so that they appear as newlines in the browser. However, your reading had a <table> in it, and there were newlines between the tags for cells (<td>) and rows (<tr>). I had to refine the HotPot module scripts, so that only newlines outside <table> tags were converted.

If you have any other quizzes that behave strangely, please let me know!

all the best
Gordon