Missing student data for excel

Missing student data for excel

by Roland Gesthuizen -
Number of replies: 7
Some colleagues used moodle to perform a student survey across the whole school. Put the quiz on the main page, set all questions as multiple choice with grade set to NONE. It did the job very well and the results were exported to excel for the number crunching. Simply brilliant. smile

After the upgrade to Moodle 1.5.2, we can no longer do this as the student responses tab in the "download to excel format" option is missing and individual student data cannot be viewed.

Was this deliberate or perhaps a feature that we overlooked?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roland Gesthuizen

Re: Missing student data for excel

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Hello,
I think that what you need is the "detailed responses" report plugin.
It is included in Moodle 1.6dev, but not in 1.5x versions. Note that I DON'T suggest that that you upgrade any production site to 1.6 yeux grands ouverts !!
But as I initialy wrote it for 1.52, you can easily download it and add it to your Moodle site. Look in this thread. Be warned that in the zip file I made a mistake and the mod/quiz/report/responses subdirectory is incorrectly named reponses instead of responses, so correct the misspelling before uploading it to your server.
This plugin need no database upgrade and doesn't write anything to the database so it should be absolutely safe to add it to your Moodle installation.
download as Excel and text options are included in this plugin.
Since released, there has been some discussions on how to improve it, so don't hesitate to participate if it doesn't fullfit all your needs grand sourire
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Sorry I made a mistake pasting the link to the original thread in my previous message the right link is here

by Arturas Baltrukaitis -

Thank You, but  simple statistik doesn't work.

Arturas

In reply to Arturas Baltrukaitis

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
I think you are confused
- simple statistics and detailed statistics are no more available with Moodle .15x and if you still have the simplestat and fullstat subdirectories in mod/quiz/report you should delete them.
- in the official Moodle download simple stat the report named "Overview" provide now a lot more than the old simple stat report and I recently added Excel and text download to it. If you are interested in you students grades on a question by question basis this is the report you should use.
- as I needed it for my own students I made another report named "Detailed responses". This report is not on the standard Moodle 1.52 or 1.52+ download (only in the 1.6dev download and this version should not be used on a production server now). But you can add it to your Moodle 1.52 installation very easily and with no risk if you strictly follow the instructions provided. Just follow the link I gave in my previous post. Doing this will not prevent future upgrades of your Moodle site.
This report is the one you should look at if you are interested in downloading to Excel your students responses on a question by question basis.

by Juan Marín -
Thanks Jean-Michel I need this "plug-in" too. I will prove it.
In reply to Juan Marín

by Juan Marín -
I have proved and functions wery well.
I have some suggestions for the readme file (probably useful for novices as me)
* to copy the files: "copy" and "paste" Lang/ and Mod/ in the moodle directory (I extracted the zip archive in my local disc previously to add the "folders" to my server using FTP)
* The "folder" for quiz.php would be lang/eng  or  the native language of the moodle installation (for exmaple lang/es).

by Roland Gesthuizen -
Thanks heaps jean-michel, this fix will do us nicely until a future update. smile

I learned something else whilst testing this out on my home system with easy-php and viewing the code. I greatly value, appreciate the work that you have all been putting into this moodle quiz module.