New Moodle t-shirts

New Moodle t-shirts

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 216
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I need some cool or funny (and preferably both) new slogans or designs to spice up the Moodle T-shirts in the Moodle shop. I'm thinking we have the straight logo on one side and the slogan on the other side.

"Use your Noodle, use Moodle" is one slogan of Jeffery Watkins' from a long time ago. It's quite good, but can we do better?

Let's see some creativity!

Submit your designs here in this thread (as fairly low-res JPEG or PNG files, save the hi-res versions for later) - I'll put them up for a vote and the most popular three designs will be sent out as prizes to the winning designers on their choice of any t-shirt from the shop! (and the rest of us can buy one if we want to!)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: New Moodle t-shirts

by Teemu Sumi -
How about this one:

Sandbox bigger than Australia

This is of course influenced by Petr's post at the Security Center wink

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by W Page -

This is an intersting phrase.  What about the phrasee associated with an orange sandbox containing sand and a globe in the sand.

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Sabariah Mohd-zin -
a bit of modification from somewhere i read:

WE'VE TRIED THE REST, MOODLE'S THE BEST!
In reply to Sabariah Mohd-zin

by Ger Tielemans -
Moodle,
my
Caboodle

(I learned that second word on Ellis Island,
 seems to be Dutch like snoop, stoop and Yankee)

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
This teacher
is powered by
Moodle
In reply to koen roggemans

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Koen,

that's slogan (with a big M and a hat in the centre of the t-shirt can be really amazing). I'll buy one, sure! wink

More slogans (without graphical artefacts):

"Moodle: Born to learn"
"Yes, I'm a moodler!"
"How many moodlers do you know"
"Life is life, learn is Moodle"
"Vini, vidi, Moodle"
"Just Moodle"
"Why? (in the front), "why not" (with a big logo in the back).
"Cheers!"
"Good Moodling"
"I've had an idea..."
"When will 1.5 be released?"
"Moodle and I"
"Moodle and you"
"Something has changed"
"Bye, bye, instructivism (objectivism)" (http://it.coe.uga.edu/itforum/paper48/paper48.htm) tongueout
"Something has happened"

And what about a perfect square of text (filled with a powerful phrase in, at least, 60 different languages wink), with Moodle's logo in the centre and the text fluxing around it.

Too tired to draw anything but I didn't resist the temptation to write this... ciao smile

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Moodlepower
under this shirt

by W Page -

Hi Koen!

• This slogan would be really cool underneath or to the side of the Moodle logo. f2.jpg
  • I think pregnant Moodlers or the wives of Moodlers who are pregnant would like this one on the lower part of a T-shirt. smile

Really nice phrases Koen.

WP1

by N Hansen -
Well, I'm inspired by the award winning billboards used by my hometown's dairy. My image is below (using a Creative Commons licensed image as a starting point), and I would suggest that it be accompanied by the slogan "Moodle...outstanding in the field of education."

Attachment moo.jpg
In reply to N Hansen

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Well, that wins my vote....

One question...how did you get the cow to stand still long enough to keep the hat on?  You have talents why beyond the realm of Egyptian hieroglyphs!wink

Ralph

In reply to Ralph Blakeslee

by W Page -

Hi Ralph!

I was in the computer lab at school when I read your post.  I had to leave for a while until I could stop laughing.

Too, too much! big grin big grin big grin big grin

WP1

by N Hansen -
Aww, Ralph, that's the magic of Photoshop. With it, you can get the cow to stand still long enough to make him wear a hat and dump orange paint all over his brown spots. Amazingly enough, I think the Moodle hat was made for this cow. It didn't have to be resized one pixel to fit directly on his head, using the original resolution of the hat and the cow picture.
In reply to N Hansen

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
OK, Nicole, we know you are partial to Windows, and the Longhorn release. Instead of a cow, could you do one with a cat? A tiger maybe? wink
In reply to N Hansen

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Or just:

"Got Moodle?"

In reply to Mike Churchward

by N Hansen -
That would go well with the cows, but I'm not sure how well it would work in other countries that didn't have the "Got Milk?" advertising campaign. I assume you are familiar with it from watching American television? It would be better if the cow I chose had an udder in that case though...
In reply to N Hansen

by Samuli Karevaara -
Maybe a cartoon bubble, saying just "Mooooooodle"
In reply to Samuli Karevaara

by N Hansen -
Actually it's not the "moo" that "Got Moodle?" is referring to exactly. It's this.
In reply to N Hansen

by Samuli Karevaara -
I know, just elaborating the connection between the divine bovines and the Moo'dle.

I don't know if I've ever seen the original "Got milk?", but a dozen of the spoofs though.
In reply to Samuli Karevaara

by Darren Smith -
I like that.

I have no idea what this got milk thing is about so having moooodle would make more sense to me smile
In reply to N Hansen

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Wait a minute - you can put a hat on a cow but can't add udders?

Ralph

by N Hansen -
What do you think I am, a plastic surgeon? wink I think no udders is better, exposing all those breasts could offend someone's morality, or at least lead children to poke fun at it. I once gave a lecture to some 12 year old school kids about ancient Egypt, and showed this slide in which there was a figure of a captive Nubian woman (among many others) carrying a child on her back. One of the kids said, "What's that hanging under her arm?" to which another kid exclaimed, "It's her boob." Believe me, it's not something you want to have to deal with.
In reply to N Hansen

by Ralph Blakeslee -
Nicole,

Your Nubian story reminds me why National Geographic was so popular with 10 year old boy set.  Now a days all they have to do is turn on MTV.  

Many years ago my wife and attended the New Years Day Mummers Parade in Philadelphia.  One club’s theme was “fun in the barnyard”.  In addition to men dressed as chickens, pigs, the farmer and his daughters, about twenty guys were dressed up as dairy cows.  They walked down the parade standing upright in their costumes.  Ok use your imagination and picture where the cows udders (note the use of the plural form of the word) where located on the costumes.  Interesting sight.  

All and all, I still vote for the cow….its Moooodlerrific!

Ralph

by N Hansen -
This just reminds me of something very stupid that came out of the mouth of my best friend in high school. A group of us went to San Francisco one Saturday and we went to this museum that had these life-size dioramas of Native Americans engaged in daily life activities, dressed (or undressed if you like) in their traditional way. In front of one of the female figures, my friend exclaimed, "Oh my God, she's not wearing a bra!" as if the bra was the only thing the figure was missing...
In reply to N Hansen

by Andy Diament -

This all reminds me of a Far Side cartoon - the one where the cows are chatting, standing on their hind legs and leaning on the fence like they're proppign up a bar, until a car goes past and they return to grazing.

Means Gary Larson predicted cows moodling over a decade ago!

Andy D

In reply to N Hansen

by Steve Hyndman -

I love it smile

There could be all kinds of variations on this theme.....just playing around....

Orange Moodle Cow

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by N Hansen -
Originally, I was going to put the word "Moodle" somewhere in the picture (in fact, I have it stored in a layer in my original file), but in the end I decided I liked the simplicity of the cow and his hat. I even toyed with the idea of "branding" the cow with a Moodle "m" but decided against it.
In reply to N Hansen

by Frances Bell -
How about "Social Constructivists moodle in herds"?
In reply to Frances Bell

by Ger Tielemans -
Social Constructivists do it with Moodle
or
Social Constructivists live in Moodle
or
Social Constructivists florish with Moodle
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Darren Smith -
Surely it should be Social Constructivists do it with each other wink
In reply to N Hansen

by Teemu Sumi -
Well these guys

Guys

made album cover like this

Album

in 1970 wide eyes

Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Even further, this is the logo of my old band from 1996. smile
Attachment rewd.jpg

by Art Lader -

I am afraid of this cow!

-- Art

by Andy Diament -

Martin, does that mean you like cows like Linus Torvalds likes penguins?

Andy D

In reply to Teemu Sumi

by J B -
Apologies for total plagiarism, I couldn't resist attempting to connect all this together.
Attachment ahm.gif
In reply to J B

by Josep M. Fontana -
Hey James. Do you have, by any chance, a brother named Sid? smile

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by J B -
Heh - no. I should think he'd be old enough to be my dad actually, even if he seems forever young on record sleeves.

To revert to topic, a bit, I was looking for appropriate images and found http://c2c-1.rocketbeach.com/~bluehorse/cowparade.html!

You couldn't make it up.
In reply to J B

by Tony Sheppard -
It almost reminds me of the "cow parade" that was dotted around central London a few years ago ... I hesitate to mention the hilarity caused by standing outside the Ritz waiting for a cab and feeling the need to lean on something ... only to find that it had to be a bright red creamic cow.

I had tourists telling me to milk it, lot try and push it over!
In reply to N Hansen

by Julian Ridden -

I am not sure if this is brilliance or prrof I am trully disturbed for finding it funny. Aiether way...Brilliant idea....

ROFLMAO!!

In reply to N Hansen

by Dale Jones -
"Stand out from the herd...use Moodle!"
"Lead the herd...use Moodle!"

Or, to mis-quote the tagline of my son's favourite TV storybook  where cynical cows always criticise the Blue Cow - "Everybody knows cows can't represent a learning platform" - but we know they can, don't we?

I need to get out more....
In reply to Dale Jones

by Darren Smith -
You need to get out more? I recognised the story makers reference without following the link! wink
In reply to N Hansen

by Matthew Norman -

The cow is wonderful....How about (see below)

moo.jpg

Udderly fantastic.............MOODLE !

by John Papaioannou -
Here's a concept which maybe someone more awake than me can help with: I was thinking about an idiomatic expression, having to do with water or waves, and meaning something like "bringing change" or "challenging the status quo". There is such an expression in Greek, I 'm really really convinced that something almost literally equivalent exists in English, but it's not coming to me. Anyway, assume "stirring the waters" for the sake of this post.

T-Shirt front: logo, back: an image like this, this or this (the second is more like what I had in mind, but it has an extra surfer in the picture) with the slogan "stirring the waters of education".

Going to sleep, and hoping that someone can enlighten me even if the slogan sucks. tongueout sleepy
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Jean-Marc Loisil -

Google
Moodle

Test me I'm a Moodler

Kiss me I'm a Moodler  ;)

By the way what about a new design for the Moodle Logo. Maybe more graphic/international ?

In reply to Jean-Marc Loisil

by Martin Dougiamas -
We're not going to be redesigning the logo anytime soon  smile 

I've been thinking of finding a graphic designer to polish it up a bit, but the image itself is here to stay now.
In reply to John Papaioannou

by N Hansen -
Jon-The saying is "making waves" which would be appropriate with the image.

by Josep M. Fontana -
This is not totally original as I remember having seen or heard a similar slogan used with a different brand name, but I think it sounds especially well with Moodle:

Do you mwhoodle?

Of course, this should be done in a nicer way from a graphic point of view.

Josep M.

In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Rico Dredd -

Apart from the logo and text how about new T shirt colours that do not need sunglasses to look at?

Black for those Goth / Neo(Matrix) types or Dark Blue for the Conservatives out there. White or orange text will stand out more on these backgrounds I think.

Rico

In reply to Rico Dredd

by Martin Dougiamas -
I would love dark colors (and also thick denim or something) but finding someone to make them and handle the distribution as nicely as cafepress does is proving difficult.  New t-shirt manufacturer suggestions welcome!

by Darren Smith -
I was just about to do some mock ups for black t-shirts sad

What colours do they offer at the moment?

by John Rodgers -
I'm in the Moodle for learning.
In reply to John Rodgers

by P K -
Rats, John, you already got mine. Well, that's what I get for joining the discussion several months later. The one problem that I saw with it when I was about to suggest it is that people won't know what it is "I'm in the moodle for." There'd almost have to be something in smaller print to indicate that it's about learning.
In reply to John Rodgers

by P K -
Rats, John, you already got mine. Well, that's what I get for joining the discussion several months later. The one problem that I saw with it when I was about to suggest it is that people won't know what it is "I'm in the moodle for." There'd almost have to be something in smaller print to indicate that it's about learning.

by Darren Smith -
I have just been having a quick play with open mind - what a cool app approve

unfortunately I was just using the demo so ran out of branches sad As a result I didn't try too hard to make it accurate or pretty so I offer this as a proof on concept big grin. Prob a bit too detailed for a t-shirt anyhoo but I'm sure a good mind mapper would be able to come up with something better.

Attachment tshirt.jpg
In reply to Darren Smith

by W Page -

Mad Coooooooooool Darren!!

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Darren Smith -
Thanks for you kind words. It was actually kind of a fuin exercise. I have done mind mapping before but have never been 100% into the software and I hate doing it on paper. Seems to defeat the purpose for me. Open Mind seems good. I know of some schools in the UK using it for e-portfolio work.

Anyhoo, as a result of my play I am going to try and buy the software at work and see if the students would like to use it to organise their progress.

I think it would be an interesting design but would depend upon how much space on the t-shirt was available.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Joyce Smith -
Cool Darren, but why not try CMap    the Free OS one ? for your mind mapping
smile
In reply to Joyce Smith

by Miles Berry -
There's also View Your Mind, but this only runs on Linux, AFAIK.
If you happen to have SmartBoards (interactive whiteboards), then their SmartIdeas is available as a free download, but will only work if you keep the board plugged in (or buy a licence).
In reply to Joyce Smith

by Darren Smith -
Oooo thanks for the link. That's a good find.

The OS one looks a little more techie and a little more time is needed to get into it but that's fine. I will put the download on our VLE software section.

Thanks again.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Dale Jones -
Another OS mind mapping tool worth considering is FreeMind . as long as you don't mind Java. If you want to pay for something, Mind Manager from Mindjet comes in different flavours - my favourite is X5 for the tablet PC.

You'd go a long way to beat CMap though.
In reply to Joyce Smith

Re: why not try CMap for your mind mapping

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi!
IMHO there are some essential differences between mind maps and concept maps - but it would be an own thread discussion wink. Some time ago I was thinking about creating Moodle Knowledge Model co-operatively with people around the world. Some ruins of this never-started-project can be found here.

Attachment moodle-cmap.png
In reply to David Mudrák

by Antonio Vicent -

It Might be usefull for you  Maps of Moodle (In Spanish)

User: moodle / password: moodle

Cheers,

In reply to Antonio Vicent

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Antonio, thank you for the link! I took a look at it and it really seems to be good...
In reply to David Mudrák

by Antonio Vicent -

David,

If it wishes it I can give him of discharge in Maps of Moodle for its edition or copies.  It can be a rough draft of the English version.

by Anna N. J. -

Be Smarter...? (in the front)

Be Moodler...  (in the back)

Anna

by cdx cdx -
just an average Moodler attempting to change the universe

by Karin van den Berg -
Not sure if it's any good for the t-shirts but the title of the seminar I gave about my thesis 2 week ago started with:

"Moodle Along. A way away from Blackboard"

by N Hansen -
Here's another one. Some of you may have seen a previous version of this I posted yesterday. I asked Martin to take it down because I found the cow too menacing and found a more friendly looking Moodle cow to use instead. This may not be my last submission, I've got yet another cow idea-look for it tomorrow probably.

The slogan for the current one is:

Moodle your way to the head of the herd class.

Attachment moo2.jpg

by N Hansen -
This I think will be my final submission. I would suggest that in all my slogans, the word Moodle should be replaced by the actual Moodle logo. I would put the picture with the slogan above or below it on the front of the shirt, and then the Moodle logo only on the back. The last slogan is:

The class is always greener on the Moodle side.

Attachment moo3.jpg
In reply to N Hansen

by Rhonda Goetz -

Hi Nancy,

Ok, I am gonna ask this, although everyone else gets it, what does a cow have to do with Moodle?  Is Moodle slang for what cows do somewhere?

Feeling foolish...

Rhonda

In reply to Rhonda Goetz

by koen roggemans -
It took me also a while to get it. A standard Flemish cow doesn't say Moo, but it does Boe or Beu.
I can imagine there are other languages too where the cows sound different big grin

by N Hansen -
Seems like those Flemish cows are a bit odd compared to cows around the world.

by Julian Ridden -
My first idea.
Attachment shirt1.jpg
In reply to Julian Ridden

by N Hansen -
I think that "Pull the Udder One" is actually quite offensive. If a woman were to wear it it might seem to be encouraging men to grope her.
In reply to N Hansen

by W Page -

Not trying to be tooooo serious, I have to agree with N on that one.  Cute for the very mature however.

WP1

In reply to N Hansen

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Yeah, I could seem some beer soaked dim wit being hauled away by the police screaming "but she invited me..."

Best leave that one alone....

by Julian Ridden -
My second idea
Attachment shirt2.jpg

by Martin Dougiamas -
Um, wouldn't that only make sense to people who've read this discussion (and even then .... big grin ) ?

by Polis Aniftos -
i like the front shirt of Julian Ridden's second idea the most appealing in design perspercitve.

Good work Julian!
Attachment shirt2.jpg

by Julian Ridden -
And lastly..my fourth
Attachment shirt4.jpg

by Julian Ridden -
This is an offshoot of the shirt contest. But as I really liked this image I was wondering if people would be interested in the following products as well.

If htere is interest then maybe we could put these items on the store.

Moodle t-shirts - Clock

by Julian Ridden -
A funky clock telloing you it's Moodle Time!
Attachment clock_final.jpg

Re: Moodle t-shirts - Clock

by W Page -

Hey Julian!

Can I use this for the Moodle logo link for a site I am working on?

I would like to change the colors a bit and make it much smaller.  I think the circle shape will look better based on where I am going to place it.

Do you have PSD files for it?

WP1

by Julian Ridden -
Buttons telling all and sundry that this teacher is Moodle Powered
Attachment button_final.jpg

by Darren Smith -
I really like the image also.

It's very bold and still moodlesque.

by Josie Fraser -

I really like this design but at the risk of becoming the most unpopular person on the forums... Wouldn't it look better without the Mortarboard? 

The Mortarboard carries with it a weight of culturally and academically specific connotations that seem unsettling in the context of the Moodle ethos.  

The Mortarboard seems also to locate Moodle in the past - being highly symbolic of authority, tradition, and the class system.

Aesthetically - and I'm talking personally here, that cap isn't an attractive symbol. The letter M/word Moodle (with it's rounded typeface) and the orange colour would much funkier and cleaner.  

In reply to Josie Fraser

by Martin Dougiamas -
Nah, I like the hat - it doesn't have bad associations for me (I don't come from the UK!). And anyway, a little gravitas isn't a bad thing in a world of funky clean brands. smile

On a purely design level for this circular moodle powered logo I agree - the hat is not quite right in there.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Just put my finger on why I like the hat: for me it puts focus on the student's head/brain/learning, whereas many academic logos one sees around put focus on the institution (pillars, buildings, blackboards) or on graduation (degree papers), or are a bit too abstract (trees, apples) etc
In reply to Josie Fraser

by N Hansen -
According to this article on the BBC, the lack of mortarboards in your pre-university system in the UK is one of the reasons that you have one of the highest school dropout rates in the industrialized world....

by Julian Ridden -
Just one more.
With either the standard moodle logo or maybe the above shown "powered logo" on the front pocket and this on the back.
Attachment shirt5.jpg

by Julian Ridden -
Sorry Martin. Could not resist this one
Attachment shirt6.jpg

by Martin Dougiamas -
I'll put all the designs up for a vote at the end of this week.

by W Page -

Hi Martin!

Consider allowing the ideas to flooooow a while longer. smile  big grin

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Martin Dougiamas -
No-one needs to stop designing, and we can add new t-shirts anytime!  But for the competition part we should draw a line somewhere.  Next friday?

by Kent Bergstrom -
Couldn't resist big grin

The secret to the universe is the "Tree of Moodle"
Secrets of the Universe from the Tree of Moodle
In reply to Kent Bergstrom

by N Hansen -
Since when has Moodle been linked with a particular religion?
In reply to N Hansen

by Martin Dougiamas -
Since just now apparently.  big grin

You started the cows. Cows, Hinduism, Judaic Kabbalah. wink Extreme Moodling!

by Ulrike Montgomery -

Of course Modle is a religion. Isn't it about sharing, caring, making the world a better, more peaceful place?

Ulrike big grin

PS: I printed out all the super T-shirt ideas to decorate my classroom in order to demonstrate what kind of great ideas are born when people all over the world work together.

by Kent Bergstrom -
Don't intend to offend anyone with "religious" intonations...wink  just having fun..
Be at one with the moodle

by Kent Bergstrom -

by Kent Bergstrom -
Hop on the moodle bus!
Hop on the moodle bus!

by Kent Bergstrom -
Moodle the rest!wink
Moodle the rest!

by Kent Bergstrom -
Mad 4 Moodle
Mad 4 moodle!

by Kent Bergstrom -
The Magic is in the moodle!
The Magic is in the moodle!

by Kent Bergstrom -
Moodle builds friendship through education!
Moodle builds friendship through education.

by N Hansen -
The problem with this cat one is you've got the cat on the right as not having yet graduated but the smaller cat on the left has.

by Kent Bergstrom -
Massage your mind with moodle
massage your mind with moodle

by John Blake -
My Principal would send me home if I wore a t-shirt to school. I would rather have a door banner for my classroom door. This one would get me fired--haha clown
In reply to John Blake

by Jutti Marsh -

I never wear t-shirts to school (no formal policy, I just don't think it looks very professional). But I made an exception when I got this great Harry Potter t-shirt. The front reads "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." The back reads "Mischief managed." (If you haven't read the books this won't make sense!)

Anyway I decided to wear the shirt to school because I knew my students would like it. The principal had neglected to inform me that we were having a conference with a parent to discuss retaining a student that day. So here I sit in the conference with a shirt that reads "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" while explaining to the parent that her daughter is immature, has very poor work habits, and needs to repeat the grade! mixed

Jutti

In reply to Jutti Marsh

by Klair Loulo -
nice. which Harry potter book is your favorite?mine is book 7

by koen roggemans -
Looked like this to me at first glance big grin
Atomium

by Kent Bergstrom -
If you squint your eyes you can see the moodle symbols on it surprise
MoodleAtomium

Moodle! One electron shy of genius!

by Kent Bergstrom -
I knew I should have moodled!
I knew I should have moodled..

by A. T. Wyatt -
First idea:

I came.  I saw.  I moodled.

(Sorry, no graphics.  I would use the logo, or at least the M with the hat.  I will never forget translating Caesar's Gallic Wars in Latin class.  Ha!)

Other idea:

Moodle logo at the top.

Underneath:
I believe.

Sorry, no Photoshop on this computer!
atw

by Julian Ridden -
Another shirt idea. This one is in a graffiti style to appeal to younger t-shirt fans smile

It reads (Moodle - Get Edukated).

And before you pick on my spelling..it's on purpose :D

Attachment shirt8.jpg

by N Hansen -
What happened to the vote that was supposed to happen last week?
In reply to N Hansen

by Martin Dougiamas -

by Martin Dougiamas -
What the heck - let's start voting!!!

by Julian Ridden -
Can i recommend we start a new thread with the shirts listed. This thread has got so long and its hard to find all the designs.

If we start a new htread wiht ratings enabled everyone could vote using ratings.

by David Mudrák -
I've tried to express the Moodle essence wink
Attachment learning-together.png

Re: New Moodle t-shirts - My New Designs

by Don Schwartz -
based on my dad's use of "Use your Noodle" when he wanted me to think.
(Martin attached one as these don't seem to work inline for some reason)

(Edited by Martin Dougiamas - Saturday, 23 July 2005, 02:26 AM)

Attachment moodleshirt4.jpg
In reply to Don Schwartz

Re: New Moodle t-shirts - My New Designs

by Martin Dougiamas -
Quick sketch of an idea I hope someone else can flesh out...   Possibly it needs a smile or something to make it look happier.   smile

Attachment useyournoodle.jpg

Re: New Moodle t-shirts...yes there are more!

by Kevin Kelly -
Hi everyone,

Since Martin asked for us to keep submitting, here is another. It uses the slogan from our first "marketing" campaign with our own Moodle installation (see ilearn.sfsu.edu).  I can clean up and increase size for an actual shirt.

Kevin

Kevin Kelly
San Francisco State University
Attachment MoodleShirt_v1b.jpg

by Antonio Vicent -

Front: mosaic of moodle people (see image)

Back:

Moodle

Teach <-> Learn 

Cheers,

Attachment Mosaic_small.jpg

by Martin Dougiamas -
Ho ho! Very cool, Antonio! cool  I can get you all the moodle.org photos if you want them.

by Darren Smith -
I will, yes please! How? Where from? (It will save me from right/ctrl clicking them)

I have just turned to the white side (finally) and downloaded mozodojo and these images would be useful. If I win using these images after I have played about with them (which I don't expect to) then I will award the prize to antonio anyway for providing the inspiration smile

In reply to Darren Smith

by Antonio Vicent -

Hi Darren,

1. From moodle.org > Moodle Comunity 
  2. Click > Moodle has a large and diverse user community with over 50,000 users registered on this site alone .....
  3. Save page complete
  4. To erase of the directory which is not photographies
  5. Download Mosaic Creator http://www.aolej.com/mosaic/download.htm, if you want
  6. See step-by-sept (1-7) in spanish but english menu or google translator http://enter.terra.com.co/enter2/ente2_cons/ente2_cons/ARTICULO-WEB-NOTA_INTERIOR_2-2109700.html

Good luck

by Martin Dougiamas -
For convenience, here's the whole thing as a single download (35Mb zip!)

I think credit for any derivative Moodle mosaic should go to Vincent, the idea is what counts for this one.

The actual T-shirt image needs to be 2000x2000 ... here's an alternative one I knocked up (this is scaled to a quarter of the actual generated image).   I especially like how the dangling string is a single line of heads. Someone with more time may want to weed out a few of the images from the full set, or insert some particular meaningful ones.
Attachment Moodle-mosiac80-quartersize.jpg

by Darren Smith -
Here are some more images based upon Antonio Vicent's idea.

They are quite large!!!!

Did I miss anything out?
In reply to Darren Smith

by W Page -
Hi Darren!

The images are really cool.  However, I have a suggestion about Martin D's image.  I think it would be good to remove the clock in the image before combining it with the mosaic.  It is hard to tell what the clock is in the image and I think it is distracting.  Also I think his image should be moved just a bit to the right but not center.  Just think the image would look better that way.  Just an opinion.

Anyone else have some thoughts about this??

WP1

by John Papaioannou -
Cheesy maybe, but let's post it anyway.

"Dr Strange-learning or:  How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Moodle" tongueout

My graphic design is about as good as Paris Hilton's differential calculus, but I have a concept! big grin

Based on the poster at the top right of this, there could be two people with mortarboards on looking at each other over the globe (collaboration across the world and all that), and there are several possible placements for the Moodle logo: superimposed on the globe, in the sky, or several small Moodle logos in the sky like the planes in the original.

Grrrr at times like this I wish I could Photoshop.

by Jeffery Watkins -
In the US there are some Foster's commercials that go:

Fosters, Australian for Beer.

so.....

How about....

Moodle, Australian for learning.

or

Dougiamas, Australian for learning.

Jeff

by Chris Surridge -

A little late, but . . .

<moodle>MeLearning</moodle>
or
<moodle>WeLearning</moodle>
or
<moodle>BeLearning</moodle>

Cheers,

Chris

In reply to Chris Surridge

by Don Hinkelman -
MeLearning / WeLearning / BeLearning / DoLearning !!

Quick, let's trademark those terms for the Moodle community (I added a fourth one).  By the way, does this thread get the record for longest in Moodle history?

Four TShirt Concept Images

by Josh Marshall -
I apologize for the tardiness of this -- I saw this tshirt contest at the last second when a friend recommended the system for a school I am contracting for. Excellent system, I hope these will be useful.

I Want To Be a Super Moodle
(I Want to Be a Super Moodle)
My Classroom is in a Fluffly Cloud
(My Classroom is in a Fluffy Cloud -- Do you Moodle?)
Desks are for Losers
(Desks are for Losers -- Escape the Classroom)
I like to Moodle In Public School Systems
(I like to Moodle in Public School Systems)

In reply to Josh Marshall

Re: Four TShirt Concept Images

by Don Hinkelman -
Great ideas, Josh. I like "I want to be a super moodle" best.

But you have to add a picture of the Moodle super model on the front side. I recommend a bust of Martin. But instead of his patented black goatee and black clothing, change the color to an orange goatee and an orange turtleneck. While you are at it, could give an orange tint to his hair?

Martin Moodle Shirt

by Josh Marshall -
Based on Don Hinkelman's suggestion of using Martin's face on a shirt, I put together this one. I hope, Martin, you don't mind the use of your name and (in my opinion) your likeness. But I suppose the likeness-factor is still up for election.

Martin gave me this Moodle T-Shirt
(Martin gave me this Moodle shirt)

Driven by Moodle t-shirt - on the shirt

by Michele Mason -

Personal..ly inspired!

Michele

Attachment moodle_t-shirt.gif

by Jeremy FitzPatrick -
I couldn't sit back and miss out on all the fun so here's "Even I can Moodle" inspired by an easy to use LMS called Moodle.

Jeremy  tongueout
Attachment evenican.gif

by Martin Dougiamas -
Voting is now over but I'll be adding new designs to the shop over time (including some of the ones who didn't win a prize), so keep jamming with new ideas! 

Thanks to everyone who sent in designs, and thanks to everyone who voted - this has been fun!

by Julie Croydon -

Front: Teachers have class

Back: Moodlers have e-class

In reply to Julie Croydon

by Timothy Takemoto -

Perhaps a sort of "moodlers for freedom in online education" T-shirt?

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by William Holmes -

I've only recently discovered this thread and I know the T-shirt designing is over but I thought some of the designs were great and I just felt like I had to add one of my own. smile

Attachment tshirt.png
In reply to William Holmes

by Julian Ridden -
How about this one to remain topical:

"Wiping the Blackboard clean"

big grin

by William Holmes -
Ok, i think this is more in-line with the topic...
Attachment t-shirt.png

Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Ultra-cool, both are phenomenal! cool cool

perhaps the "Wiping the Blackboard clean" could go inside the blackboard too (in case of doubts about the message), haha.

I'll buy some of them if available. Just make sure to do them (the t-shirt) in a lot of strident colours! (green, orange...)

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by William Holmes -
To make it more "trendy" Julian's Moodle Powered Logo could be placed on one of the sleeves..
Attachment T1.png

Ang: Re: New Moodle t-shirts

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Hi,

Yes, absolutely cool, but I would recommend to get a better supplyer of the clothes that the logoes, etc. will be printed on.

The existing material that my last Moodle polo is created of is thinner than papyrus and one simply can't  wear it  wink
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Ang: Re: New Moodle t-shirts

Oh, my T-shirts are made with a pretty good cotton, but I find them too much thick.

I'll try with the polo then! Thanks for the info! cool

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: New Moodle t-shirts

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Hola Eloy,

Yes,- with the Polo - you can turn your air-conditioner down to a minimum - maybe we can swap T-shirts - mine will never be used here in the fresh Scandinavian climate wink ...?

BTW: Thanks for the great bug slammer session today.

Hasta luego!

by Polis Aniftos -
one more...
Attachment t-shirt_copy.jpg
In reply to Polis Aniftos

by William Holmes -

That’s cool, real subtle and effective! big grin ... But I think pictures of beef may incur a subconscious link to the “mad cow disease” saga for all those U.K. and Ireland moodlers. Then again, maybe I'm over complicating things. smile

by Polis Aniftos -
Perhaps you are right William, you have a point..
On the other hand, the steaks refer to BB.
Actually i had stakes in mind.
what if we put dollar notes intead of raw steaks?
then it would loos all the point..
i don't know.

by Bob Puffer -
My humble apologies for going slightly off-topic on this post but the reasons are numerous and therefore, I've convinced myself to plod ahead:
  1. This is surely the most-read thread on the site -- hilarious, enormously entertaining, frighteningly revealing of the "true" nature of some denizens of development.  Therefore, my message will be widely dispersed and if it's considered strange, it will be in good company.
  2. There really isn't a "new" Moodle shirt out yet so my message about mass  display of the "old" Moodle shirt in a public forum seems "almost" on-topic.
  3. An exhaustive search of other forum topics resulted in no good-fit for this posting.
So...
I'd like to invite any Moodlers so inclined to wear their Moodle shirts (or other garb) at Educause 2006.  I'll be wearing mine out on the exhibit floor on the afternoon of Wednesday, October 11.  If this timeframe fits others, it'd be great if the crowd was full of "those little M's".

by Paul Jacobson -
moodleman_screencap.jpg

How about selling these T-Shirts? I'd buy two; and so would Lydia!

Cheers, PJ