Enhancing of Matching question type

Enhancing of Matching question type

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Added as feature request by bug 3612.

In this time count of subquestions equal to count of subanswers. If matching question was have got two subquestions then students need to know answer for only one.
My suggestion is let to add some subanswers without subquestions. That allow create matching question with two (or more) subquestions and unlimited subanswers (really limited by 10).
That question will be rated in the same way. Each right subanswer's value calculate by formula 100%/(count of subquestions).
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dmitry Pupinin

Re: Enhancing of Matching question type

by Michael Penney -
You might be interested in the rendered_match question type Jeff Graham coded up, it's in CVS/contrib. It enables subquestions w/o answers, images in subquestions, etc. It's coded for 1.5.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Rendered_match allow additional answers but often we need simple text answers and view of rendered_match is difficult.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Dmitry!
I'm interested in enhanced matching question type, but I do not really understand the description you give in your post. Could you please provide a few concrete examples?
Thanks!
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dmitry Pupinin -
For example:

Match countries and its capitals:
France - Paris
Russia - Moscow
empty - Berlin
empty - Budapest

In that case student will see two countries and four answers for each of them.
Each correct pair will rate by 50%(100%/count of countries), wrong pairs will rate by 0%.

by Michael Penney -
Hi Dmitry, the rendered match questiontype does partial credit, see attached. To put in incorrect items, just leave the question field blank for that match when you create the question.

What do you find confusing about the interface (critique may help us make it bettersmile)?

Attachment rmatch.gif
In reply to Michael Penney

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Hi Michael.
I was know about possibility of rendered_match. Thanks.

I don't like its interface because dropdown list and answer's list is in different place.

See my suggestions in bug 2995 and bug 2889.