Site news not visible after install

Site news not visible after install

by Micheal Cooper -
Number of replies: 1
Though similar to another post (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=24958), this seems to be a separate issue.

I have just installed what is to be our production Moodle 1.5 on our college web server, using RHEL3-Apache2-MySQL with the latest stable updates.

Since I have not even introduced this installation to the community yet, I tried erasing the installation and database and reinstalling, but the same problem appears.

Unlike the post cited above, I cannot access the Site News posts I have made, but they are listed under "Forums".

In other words, from the top page, I create a new post for Site News. The result message says it has been added. It refreshes, and site news says "(No news has been posted yet)". I click the Site News link, and it says the same. Then if I click the Forums part of the breadcrumb trail at the top left, the number of posts is listed under Discussions on the Site News row. The number is accurately reflecting the number of times I have submitted posts. If I click the number, I am again told that there are no posts.

The only things that have been done to this installation are minor, like my having to choose the first (? mark) type of slasharguments in order to be able to upload a new user picture for myself. Other than that, not much has been done. It is a fresh install.

Should I post this to the bugtracker, or am I the problem?

PS: I am adding this note because I just tested for the problem on the Test Moodle that I set up on our test server. Same CVS Moodle 1.5 Stable, same Mysql, same OS, and same Apache2. I installed these two Moodles on the same day with the same CVS procedure.

The main difference is that the Moodle on the test server is the only application on that test machine, which I just built from scratch. The college's production web server was installed and configured by my predeccessor some two or three years ago, and it hosts many applications. The problem is exactly the same on both of them, so this seems to be not a server problem but a Moodle problem.

Average of ratings: -