Under "no authentication", cannot create new accounts

Under "no authentication", cannot create new accounts

by George Harrison -
Number of replies: 10

I'm using 1.5 +.  I have a big class, so I want to avoid having to manually enroll students.  I'm also using 1.4.4 for another class, where the "no authentication" works great for having students create their own accounts.

The problem with my version 1.5 + is that students cannot create new accounts.  "Invalid Login, please try again". 

I think Vito LaVolpe encountered the same problem with 1.5 but there have been no responses to this: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?reply=119977

Is this a bug, should I report it, or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Harrison

Re: Under "no authentication", cannot create new accounts

by Marc Dastous -

I submitted a bug to the Bug Tracker on this, however, it has not been acted upon as of yet.  For many of the organizations that I service this is a HUGE issue.

Would a developer PLEASE comment on this problem and how we can resolve the issue.  This was not a problem prior to updating to 1.5 and 1.5+.

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
It's trivially easy to fix.  In auth/none/lib.php change the line
return false;
to
return true;

It's now fixed in CVS.

In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Vito Lavolpe -

OK. I wanted to thank to have resolved the problem "no authentication" For our Students we use in the majority of the course the option "no authentication"

Thanks!!! grande sorriso

In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Chris Turek -

I changed that, but I get a "sorry, you may not use this page" when a user clicks on the create a new account.

Ideas?

In reply to Marc Dastous

by Josh Jones -

I am having same issue marc and no support or even somebody looking at the problem...

I have until next school year to get this fixed thouogh, no crunch like you...

I also get stuck in a loop once in a while while logging out...

Josh Jones

In reply to George Harrison

by Josh Jones -

I have reviewed my auth files and they state the "return true" statement as of 6/25/05, however, I keep getting the "sorry, you can't use this page" message in pink!!! 

Does anybody have this working with the latest downloads of 1.5?

I hope this issue stays in the bug tracker!

Josh Jones

In reply to Josh Jones

by mark zuber -

Josh,

I have identical problem.

Mark

In reply to Josh Jones

by Chris Turek -
The problem is that the link in the login block does not change when you initiate the no authentication method. It is still trying to send you to the new user form used in the Email Authentication method. To fix this by editing the login block so the Create New Account link points to the login page. I wish the login page wasn't also the page to create a new account with the No Authentication option. This is a little confusing to use the same form to login and create a new account. Hope this helps.
In reply to Chris Turek

by Adrian J. Troncoso -
I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?
In reply to Adrian J. Troncoso

by Elizabeth EQ -

Hello,

I have found the same problem -- although in the bug tracker dated 1/26 it says that it was resolved, but I get the error that the page cannot be shown everytime I switched to "no authentication".  Has anyone been able to spot the problem? or what else need to be edited to make it work.  I want to be able to create new accounts without having an email - therefore no confirmations of accounts needed.

Thank you,

Elizabeth