The navigation buttons.

Re: The navigation buttons.

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello again Henny

I have adjusted the quizzes on your site so that the sound files play OK and the quizzes form a chain. Here's an explanation of what I did and why.

To get the sound files to work I had to replace the media player. Sorry, the player you had was a nice one, but it is not currently compatible with the HotPot module. Perhaps I will have time to make it complatible in the summer, but for the time-being, you will have to use a different player.

To insert the new player into all the html files, I first downloaded the files to my machine and then used DreamWeaver to find all references to the old media players, and replace them with references to the standard Moodle media player (which is also a very nice player by the way smile ).

In case anyone wants to try this at home, here are the find and replace patterns I used:

When using these patterns, you will need to change "http://lesnet.minkema.nl/elo/moodletest" to the URL of your Moodle site.

Having replaced all the media players in the html files, I added "-moodleplayer" to the file names and uploaded them to your site.

Then I went through the HotPot activities that you have set up and standardized the settings to the following:

• Filename: the "-moodleplayer.html" file for this quiz
  • Navigation: Moodle navigation bar
  • Force media plugins: No
  • Show next quiz: Yes

You had set up three HotPot activities for the first quiz in each chain. I also added HotPot activities for the quizzes that occur later in the chains. Since all the quizzes have "Show next quiz" set to "Yes", they form one long chain of 6 quizzes. Finally, I rearranged the order of the quizzes on the course page so they appear in the expected order.

That's about the best that can be done at the moment. During August and September, I will modify the module to work with the player that you are using, so you can switch back to that later on. As I said before, more substantial enhancements for "chaining" may also materialize.

best regards
Gordon