Cloze questions: Warnings after upgrading to 1.5

Cloze questions: Warnings after upgrading to 1.5

by Markus Knierim -
Number of replies: 5

Hello everybody!

Has anyone run into problems after upgrading (from 1.4.x to 1.5) a quiz containing cloze questions?

On my Moodle site, which I just upgraded from 1.4.4+ to 1.5+, I seem to have a problem with cloze questions which make use of wildcards ("*"). For example, this question:

In a compound, for example blackbird, the initial morpheme 'black' is the {1:SHORTANSWER:%0%*#Nope, that's not correct~%100%head#yes} of the compound. The second morpheme is usually called the {1:SHORTANSWER:%0%*#Wrong~%100%body#Correct}.

produces the following warnings:

In a compound, for example blackbird, the initial morpheme 'black' is the
Warning: ereg(): REG_BADRPT in /xxxx/mod/quiz/questiontypes/shortanswer/questiontype.php on line 220
of the compound. The second morpheme is usually called the
Warning: ereg(): REG_BADRPT in /xxxx/mod/quiz/questiontypes/shortanswer/questiontype.php on line 220

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks,
Markus

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Markus Knierim

Re: Cloze questions: Warnings after upgrading to 1.5

by Gustav W Delius -
I have filed the bug report for you, see bug 3481
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Julian Sedding -
This should be fixed in the latest 1.5 stable now.
In reply to Julian Sedding

by John Blake -
Hello Julian,

So, should 1.5 now import tests? If so, what steps do I need to take to apply the latest updates? Do I download the newest version of 1.5? I am a newbie and just do not know what to do next. shy
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by John Blake -
Is the error message I received when I try to import a quiz from my ExamView program related to the bug 3481 issue? Or is it something else? I just upgraded from 1.4.5 to 1.5 this weekend and when I tried to import a new quiz into my Moodle class, I received this fatal error message.
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: quiz_format_qti in /home/incsborg/public_html/moodle/mod/quiz/locallib.php on line 2662

I tried adding a quiz by importing into several classes that I used this past semester and got the same fatal error type messages.