Q&A Module

Re: Q&A Module

by Thomas Robb -
Number of replies: 5
Hi Brandon,

I just saw your message, but since I'm travelling now this message I can't do any work on the code right now myself.

I've been working on a reporting system for the current multiple choice module to display the selections for each student so that it can be used for surveys.

I don't think that a separate module is required. What we need (and there has been some discussion of this) is a quiz/survey choice when creating quizzes that will automatically toggle any mentions of grading off. We then need a method of displaying the responses, and this I have pretty complete, but cqn't work on further until I return to Melbourne on Sept. 21.

I posted something earlier on this. Put "quiz report" into the search window to pull it up.

Cheers,
--Tom Robb, currently in Istanbul, Turkey

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Brandon Neill -
Thomas,
Thanks for the update, I figured someone would be working on something similiar. I'll start looking at the code to see if I can get an understanding of how it works. I'll keep you updated on my progress, and I'd like to know how your work is going.

Brandon
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Gustav W Delius -

Hi Tom,

do you want to post the latest version of your quiz report module? I recall trying out the last version in June and it was very useful already then.

In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Thomas Robb -
I still haven't gotten around to making the module conform to Martin's new modular style, so the version attached need to replace the report.php file in moodle/mod/quiz. Rename the existing report.php file so that you can replace it in case this turns out to have untoward side effects.

I hope to get around to working on it again sometime later this month.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Gustav W Delius -

Tom, your reporting module works well.

I want to use the quiz module to give surveys to our students. Your tool makes it easy to anlyze the results of the survey. What I still need to do is change the language file for the quiz module so that the language is appropriate to surveys rather than quizzes. Has anyone done this already?

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Dave Richards -

Also, while you're at it, a feature allowing you to see all of the short answer responses given, as well as the multiple choice answers, would allow for open ended questions in the survey.

Thanks