Resource Frameset

Resource Frameset

by Peter Broadfoot -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Any ideas on this. Im new to Moodle. About a week ago I downloaded and installed v 1.3.1 on local host. (Dont ask why I installed such an early version Ive no idea.) Worked OK but noticed a minor irritation with the Resources frameset. The border between the two (top and bottom) frames is set to width 2 and this results in a white line between the pale yellow of the top frame, that contains the navigation, and the bottom html page (which also happens to be the same shade of yellow). The picture attachment may show this, just.

The relevant script in the resource/view.php file is:

frameset rows=\"$CFG->resource_framesize,*\" border=\"2\"  

I removed the white border by setting border=\"0\"

The result is a more pleasing continuous pale yellow background. I dont know what the disadvantages of that fix may be - except that the user cannot now resize the frames.

Because of a problem importing quiz questions from WebCT, I have now upgraded to 1.4.4 and the quiz import now works. However, I can no longer edit the resource/view.php to remove that white border. It seems that in 1.4.4 the view.php has been modified and no longer contains the frameset parameters.

Is it possible, or, for that matter, desirable to remove the border?  If so, how?

Thanks

Attachment Resource.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Broadfoot

Re: Resource Frameset

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The summary appears in the top frame. The draggable border is there on purpose to let students read summary if it gets too long.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Peter Broadfoot -
Thanks Martin.  I've changed the colour of the border to grey:

resource_framesize,*\" bordercolor=\"#C0C0C0\"

I haven't decided yet whether this is preferable to a white border smile

Attachment GreyBorder.JPG
In reply to Peter Broadfoot

by kathy hooper -
I am trying to get rid of the border and am using 1.5. How is this done?
kathy
In reply to kathy hooper

by Gabriela Meirelles -
You can get rid of the border by changing the file resource.class (in mod/resource/type/file)

Find this line:
echo "<frameset rows=\"$CFG->resource_framesize,*\" >";

And add the following:
echo "<frameset rows=\"$CFG->resource_framesize,*\" border=\"0\">";

Hope this helps.