Theme designer mode - can't switch off

Theme designer mode - can't switch off

by Peter Birdsall -
Number of replies: 5

Since upgrading to Moodle version Moodle 2.3.2+ (Build: 20120920) we are unable to switch Theme designer mode off without the theme not working. We have tried changing themes, clearing the cache, deleting all themes and re-installing through cvs, none of this helps. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Birdsall

Re: Theme designer mode - can't switch off

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What does "theme not working" look like? What happens?

Do you *definitely* still have the problem with the standard theme?

See what happens with Debugging switched on too.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Peter Birdsall -

Tried and doesn't work. Please see pdf file of what it looks likehttp://www.wittenborg.eu/download/designer%20mode%20not%20off%20switchable....pdf

In reply to Howard Miller

by Peter Birdsall -

Standard theme has the same problem.

In reply to Peter Birdsall

by Robin Carriere -

Sorry I know I am posting to an older thread - but I just spent hours trying to figure out why this was occuring on my setup (Moodle 2.3.3, on Win2008).

In my case it ended up being APC which seemed to be causing the problem. I still haven't identified why yet - but when I disabled it immediately things started working.  What was strange in my case is chrome and firefox were the worst and IE would partially load the theme. Sometimes the other browsers would load the theme partially but then other times not at all.  It was all very strange.

Hopefully this saves someone a few hours.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)