Attendance Module - Regrade / Remark Session

Attendance Module - Regrade / Remark Session

by Michael O'Brien -
Number of replies: 8

In moodle 2.3 is there a way to re-grade or re-mark a session after taking attendance? I would like to be able to record students who have been excused for attending a session but without marking everyone at the same time.

e.g. Attendance session created a class of 50 students taking place in 2 weeks time after creating the session Student C comes to me 1 week before the session and is excused attending. 2 days before the session Student E is also excused. On the day of the session I take attendance for the remaining class.

How do I record this information in the attendance module without creating separate sessions for each student who is excused before the start of the session proper

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael O'Brien

Re: Attendance Module - Regrade / Remark Session

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Why would you not just mark the students as excused on the day of the class when you take attendance for everyone else?  

You can always change a session later - just go back to the day, make your changes and submit.

I might be confused as to what you are trying to achieve here...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Michael O'Brien -

Thanks Emma your post triggered me to re-examine things. I was looking in the actions column for an edit attendance options because thats where the "take attendance" icon was. Clicking on the date allowed me to re-take attendance.

Is there somewhere I can log a feature request for a re-take icon to be included in Actions column ?

Attachment Attendance.png

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh, I see what you mean.  An icon would be nice in the Actions column. You can put in a request in Tracker.

http://tracker.moodle.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Michael O'Brien -

by Artem Andreev -

If you can please provide not only feature request but also icon examples smile
I think that retaking icon should be different from taking icon.

In reply to Artem Andreev

by Emma Richardson -

How about this?