Login As - local plugin

Login As - local plugin

by Itamar Tzadok -
Number of replies: 11

A new local plugin that brings the 'Login as' action links closer to you.

The plugin has two principal features:

• Allows admin to set a selected list of login as links.
  • Allows a course manager to open a list of login as links of all users in a course in an ajax overlay.

Available from the plugins repo and from git.

Comments are welcome. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Re: Login As - local plugin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I got round to trying this out and I like it! I reviewed it and made a mini-screencast - http://moodle.org/plugins/reviews.php?version=1338&review=22

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Itamar Tzadok -

Thanks Mary! The course login as list is available by the system capability moodle/user:loginas that is granted by default to managers, so course managers and other users/roles (e.g. teachers) who are assigned the capability can see it (but they cannot see the admin list and setting). smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Itamar Tzadok -

I've just uploaded an updated version where you can add a users list by username, in addition to the user ids list. The reason for the original user id list is that under normal settings it is much easier to get the user id (from the linked user name) than the user username. smile

Attachment configuration-settings.png

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Itamar,

I notice Eloy's comment on http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=local_loginas

"Yay, gonna love this block in my dev sites!"

so I conclude that it must be a very cool plugin! cool

Hope you don't mind me adding the new infobox plugin to the documentation page Login as.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Itamar Tzadok -

Thanks for that, Helen!

Moreover, the infobox itself seems a very cool pluging and I have added it to the docs pages of all my plugins. smile

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Itamar, your plugins docs pages all look great! approve

The infobox was actually David Mudrak's idea and is explained in our new plugin documentation guide.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Itamar - I just saw your post about adding via username and I think that's really great - thankssmile You really are one cool developer - I hope I get to meet you one day! (I edited my review to include this btw)

by Nicole Alvarez -

Hello Itamar,

moodle have 2.6.11+, just install the "Login as" plug and link does not appear anywhere.
The roles have active option of "enter as" but the login link in administration as an idea does not appear anywhere, and resolve.

Cheers
Nicole

by Frederic Nevers -

Hi Itamar, 

thanks for this plugin. I have installed it on my site but the 'login as' link does not appear on any of my course pages. I have tried as admin and teacher, no luck. I have purged caches, cleared APC - no luck

I have also modified the permissions so that teachers can 'login as' but that hasn't worked either. 

I am using Moodle 2.2.6

Any ideas?

Cheers, 
Fred

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frederic Nevers

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We have the same problem with 2.2.4.   It's installed, but not showing up on the menu.

In reply to Blair F.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Itamar,

The current version of loginas, 2012092400 release 1.2.0, seems to works as it should on Moodle 2.3, Moodle 2.4, Moodle 2.5, and Moodle 2.6. It does not show up anywhere when installed on Moodle 2.0, Moodle 2.1, and Moodle 2.2.

Any ideas on what might fix it on 2.0 through 2.2?

AL