category users showing in SCORM results - 2.3.1+

category users showing in SCORM results - 2.3.1+

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 6

I upgraded my 2.1 production site to 2.3.1 (Build: 20120726) a few weeks ago, and noticed that users assigned the manger role at either the site or category level are showing on the results page.  These users have never attempted the package, or even browsed the course.  I am thinking this must be a bug.  I did not find anything in the tracker or forums.  I would be glad to create the tracker issue, but would like to be sure it is happening to others.

Thank you in advance for any help sorting this out.

Rob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: category users showing in SCORM results - 2.3.1+

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you mean that they are appearing in the gradebook (ie, irrespective of whether it's a SCORM package or not?) Or is it just in the SCORM results page? Are they checked/ticked in graded roles in Settings>Site admin>Grades>General settings?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rob Johnson -

They are not showing in the gradebook.  Only on the SCORM results page.  I also checked an assignment submission page, and only students show up there.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The SCORM grading page will show users with the SCORM savetracks capability - sounds like you've given this capability to your manager role.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Rob Johnson -

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Dan, but I think this permission is being set by Moodle as default.  I just looked at another 2.3.1 installation, and the manager role there had save tracks set to allow.  I know for certain I did not change it.  Lastly, I had a co-worker check a hosted Moodle 2.3.1 she administers, and it was set to allow there too.

This is not that big a deal, but caused some of my teachers to think school district administrators were attempting their SCORM packages.  Is it worth reporting to the tracker?  If so, is it a roles issue instead of SCORM?  Thank you again Dan for the help.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just took a look at this - you're right it does seem strange to give this to the manager role by default. It should probably only be given to the student role.

We probably can't do much about this for existing installations but we could change the defaults for new installs. feel free to log a bug and I'll tkae a look.