Moving column in Sky High theme

Moving column in Sky High theme

by Peter DeBruyn -
Number of replies: 10

I am modifying the Sky High theme that comes in 2.0.10 and would like to move the first of the two right columns back to the left of the main content column.   I believe I've found the instructions for this in this forum before but I can't find the posts now...  thanks

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter DeBruyn

Re: Moving column in Sky High theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You need to delete these lines from sky_high/config.php

$THEME->sheets = array(
    'pagelayout',
    'core',
    'menu',
    'report',
    'admin',
    'settings'
);

$THEME->parents_exclude_sheets = array(
        'base'=>array(
            'pagelayout',
        ),
        'canvas'=>array(
            'pagelayout',
        ),
);

You will then get the normal 3 colomn page, but with some Sky High styles. You will then need to re-apply some of the main framework of styleing which you will find in sky_high/style/pagelayout.css

In reply to Mary Evans

by Peter DeBruyn -

Oddly, I made those changes to config.php using "//" to comment the lines out and it did not change the column structure at all.  I set the site into designer mode and opened the site from another machine, still no change.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Give me a day or so and I'll try and come up with something.

by Mary Evans -

If you still have not got this working with the instructions I gave you, which you did not follow to the word, try adding the attached config.php to your theme.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Hemerson Carreño -

Hi I have changed the right column of Moodle 2 Sky to the center position by default, but now the options are disabled of add activities or resources, my profile settings, the changing role and site of administration, help please.
Deputy config.php

In reply to Hemerson Carreño

by Mary Evans -

If you have changed the look of Sky high it all depends on how you have done this. It looks to me that you must have done something wrong.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Hemerson Carreño -

I used your config.php and is still the same.

In reply to Hemerson Carreño

by Mary Evans -

If I were you I would restore the Sky High theme first and then create a 'clone' of sky_high theme. Then you can make all the changes to that theme.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Deleted user -

Hi Mary,

Proceeded as per instructions (created a directory with a different name, e.g. foobar, copied everything there and changed version.php and config.php so that name is foobar). I get the notification that a new theme is ready for install and it installs successfully but when invoking theme selector it just shows as pluginname and once you clear caches you only get a blank page. Checked how to install new theme and I believe all instructions were followed to the dot. Is there anything I did that stands out as wrong or anything obvious that I missed?

Regards,

George

In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Evans -

If you see [pluginname] instead of your theme's name this is because you did not change the name of the theme in foobar/lang/en/theme_foobar.php

If you enable debugging, you may find that all the strings are missing, in which case you forgot to change the name of foobar/lang/en/theme_skyhigh.php to theme_foobar.php (assumingyou are cloning sky_high theme, since this discussion is about sky high theme.

Hope this helps?

EDIT:

You may find this tutorial helpful too:

http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes_2.2_how_to_clone_a_Moodle_2.2_theme

Mary