Course welcome messages contain multilang tags

Course welcome messages contain multilang tags

by Valentin Dumitru -
Number of replies: 2

Sorry to barge in into such an old topic. I have a multilingual course (with a multilingual title, of course) and the confirmation messages (using the variable "a->coursename!") are sent without the multilingual interpretation, like this:

Welcome to <span lang="en" class="multilang">Introduction to Moodle</span><span lang="es" class="multilang">Introducción a la Moodle</span><span lang="fr"
class="multilang">Introduction à la Moodle</span>!

Is there a way to correct this?

I have just received the same type of confirmation email upon registering to this very course, but since this one is only in English, the issue doesn't occur...

Very thankful for any help...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valentin Dumitru

Re: Course welcome messages contain multilang tags

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Valentin,

It seems this problem has been around for a while, as others have posted about it too. I couldn't find a report of it in the Moodle Tracker, so created one - MDL-34635. Please vote for the issue to indicate you'd like it fixed. (You'll need a tracker account and to log in to vote.)

I've also split your post from the original discussion Customizing the Moodle Email message so I can move it to the languages forum, as maybe someone there can suggest a multi-lang workaround.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Course welcome messages contain multilang tags

by Valentin Dumitru -

Thank you very much for this. I am of course eager to find a solution, so I will vote (hopefully others too...)