Quiz navigation on full screen popup

Quiz navigation on full screen popup

by Pete Phillips -
Number of replies: 8

I hate to be miserably ignorant on this, but since we've upgraded to Moodle 2.x our quizzes that display in the full screen popup with some java (to prevent right-clicking and so on) do not show the quiz navigation on the right side (see attached). Our main complaint has been the absence of the timer, which students are not enjoying-- knowing that you're being timed, but not seeing the timer. Could anyone provide some direction on this issue? 

Attachment quiz-grab.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pete Phillips

Re: Quiz navigation on full screen popup

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Which theme are you using?

To display the navigation, there needs to be at least one region where blocks can be displayed in the layout template that is used when the quiz attempt page is displayed in a pop-up.

I suspect that the theme you are using does not provide this.

The theme needs to be fixed.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Dom London -

HI Tim

We have quizzes working fully and displaying fine, so I assume it must be something else?

D

In reply to Dom London

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Dom,

You have not answered Tim's question "Which theme are you using?"

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dom London -

We're using a UkfilmNet theme, but as mentioned the theme is a tweek - nothing more - of the standard themes and supports the same columns / layout as the template themes, and quizzes appear and work as normal

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dom London -

We're using a UkfilmNet theme, but as mentioned the theme is a tweek - nothing more - of the standard themes and supports the same columns / layout as the template themes, and quizzes appear and work as normal

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Pete Phillips -

Thanks, Tim! I'm using an express theme made by Moodlerooms, but our other core themes don't show the nav block either. I'm submitting it to them. Thanks for the confirmation that it should be there-- all I was finding in searches was how the full screen setting works.

In reply to Pete Phillips

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is being worked on at MDL-34257.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Pete Phillips -

Thanks, Tim. I see that a clean, non-Moodlerooms version of Moodle does not present this problem and a couple other problems related to our Express theme. I do appreciate you verifying that it was a problem in the first place and getting the ball rolling on a solution!