Adding course summary back to the enrollment options page?

Adding course summary back to the enrollment options page?

by Sue M. -
Number of replies: 7

I'm moving all of my courses from a 1.9 installation to a 2.2 and trying to match the formatting of the 2 installations and one thing I can't figure out is how to add the course summary to the enrollment options page!

I've searched everywhere for the answer and can't find even a mention of this. In 1.9 when someone clicked on a page that requires an enrollment key, they were shown the course summary along with the prompt to enter the enrollment key. However, in 2.2 the course summary is missing and there is only the prompt to add the enrollment key without any other information. I can't find anywhere in the settings to add it to this page.

Help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue M.

Re: Adding course summary back to the enrollment options page?

by Sue M. -
Is this a feature that has been written out of moodle code? If so, does anyone have a working hack? Because if they aren't coming directly from a page with the course summary, then the registration instructions and course summary are missing entirely. BIG problem with our site.
In reply to Sue M.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Yes- I think you are right - I just tried Paypal with a summary on a 1.9 site and got this:

And I tried it on a 2.3 site and got this (and yes, I did add a course summary)

If you don't get a response from anyone I suggest you might like to raise the issue in  the tracker http://tracker.moodle.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sue M. -

I'm attaching a picture of what's missing as well so that hopefully it's clearer. And thanks for the suggestion for the tracker.

Attachment course-summary-missing.jpg
In reply to Sue M.

by Peter Evans -

If prospective students do a search for the course name or you provide them with a link to the search e.g.
http://wattlecourses.anu.edu.au/course/search.php?search=Peter+Evans+wattle

they will see the course summary information before they are enrolled in the course. They can then click the course title to self-enrols in the course (see image below -- I hvae also linked the image to the course.)

Attachment self enroll.jpg
In reply to Peter Evans

by Sue M. -

Thanks for responding but I was looking for the course description to appear in a different location entirely, see the images above!

Thankfully, they did a code fix on this missing course summary here: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-34129

I haven't figured out how to implement the fix yet without doing a full reinstall of the latest updated version LOL but.... at least the fix is out there waiting for me!

In reply to Sue M.

by Diane Villemure -

I just upgraded to 2.2.6+ (Build: 20121116) and I don't see the course summary on the enrolment page for PayPal. MDL-34129 states that the fix versions are 2.2.5, 2.3.2. Does that means that 2.2.6 is not fixed?