2.3 themes broken in FF

2.3 themes broken in FF

by Lael ... -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

Not sure what is going on -but themes seem to work fine in IE (mostly) but pretty much all of them are severely broken in Firefox. Testing on a local dev server.

Has anything changed from 2.2 that would make themes need updating / break them?

Any ideas for fix / Anyone seeing the same behaviour?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lael ...

Re: 2.3 themes broken in FF

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Lael " [...] pretty much all of them are severely broken in Firefox."

This is "pretty vague". Please provide a list of those themes which are broken and screenshots showing "how" they are "broken".wink

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi,

In my test installation the Splash theme is broken after upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.3, however a fresh 2.3 instlla is fine, and themes are identical in upgraded/fresh.

Header color chooser is out of place, left-aligned, with ul bullets. Many other elements are incorrectly rendered, without css applied.

In reply to Enrique Castro

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well, the Splash theme has a strange look anyway. What about other themes?

You say you have the problem upon upgrading 2.2.3 to 2.3. After upgrading, did you empty ALL your caches? Does the problem disappear if you empty the caches?

You say "Header color chooser is out of place, left-aligned, with ul bullets." Please provide screenshots showing a) what you expect to see ("normal" display and b) what you are seing instead (wrong display).

Joseph

by Lael ... -

perhaps not as vague as it sounds... I'm guessing you aren't seeing the same problems then - you would know what I meant if you were... 

pretty much all... as in... except for standard, I think all are broken - weird placement all over the place.

Some screenshots:

rocket:

Aardvark:

Attachment aardvarkcourse.png
Attachment aardvarkfrontpage.png
Attachment afterburner1front.png
Attachment afterburner2front.png
Attachment rocketcourse.png

by Lael ... -

I think I had similar issues with all of the inbuild themes I tested:

arialist, fadeback, magazine, fusion, simplespace...

In reply to Lael ...

by Joseph Rézeau -

After upgrading, did you empty ALL your caches? Does the problem disappear if you empty the caches?

by Lael ... -

the problems didn't change with purging caches, did a pull from git again 5 mins ago and it seems to have been fixed. All working as expected now. 

Thanks!