Audio player stopped working after upgrading to 2.2.3

Audio player stopped working after upgrading to 2.2.3

by P H -
Number of replies: 4

After upgrading from 2.0.2  to 2.2.3 all the embedded mp3 which used to show as working audio-players have stopped working. 

They either show as a black strip with nothing inside (firefox) or as a non-functioning audio-player (IE) or even as a link (Chrome). 

(The media filter is on as before.) 

Any help to resolve this problem is greatly appreciated. 

P. H. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to P H

Re: Audio player stopped working after upgrading to 2.2.3

by P H -

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any suggestions as how to deal with it? 

Thanks! 

In reply to P H

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Here are my findings with the embedded mp3 flash player in moodle 2.3:

Chrome : works as expected

Firefox 14.0.1 and MSIE 9: Clicking the Pause button does not pause the player, instead, it moves erratically, and plays more than one instance of the audio file!

If this bug is confirmed by other users, a bug report should be posted.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Michael Adams -

For me the player works fine in Firefox, doesn't work at all in IE 8, and in Chrome seems to work until you try to pause the mp3.  After a click or two, multiple instances of the file start to play.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Audio player stopped working after upgrading to 2.3

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Joseph,

Yes, I would confirm this bug and I will post a bug report.  In addition, we have noticed that this behavior occurs occasionally, and sometimes we even find replays stop after two plays. I figured this was a player setting in admin, but I could not find any setting. Our school found these problems in Firefox 14 and IE8.

[Updated:  I have created a bug report MDL-35641. Please vote and watch for it by going to that link]

Regards, Don