Recent Updates - ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 1, got 0

Recent Updates - ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 1, got 0

by Jenna Pitcher -
Number of replies: 18

Hi Alastair,

I noticed that in the past few days you had made some changes to the 2.2 master code.  We upgraded our 2.2.2 (20120419) instance and are now seeing the above error ... Incorrect number of query parameters ... whether we add or edit a session, edit attendees or try to export attendance to file

Regards,

Jenna  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jenna Pitcher

Re: Recent Updates - ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 1, got 0

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

Anybody else have any resolution on this issue? We are on moodle 2.2.3 and here are the version numbers for face to face

$module->version = 2012140600;
$module->requires = 2011120100; // Requires this Moodle version
$module->release = '2.2.0 (2012140600)'; // User-friendly version number
$module->component = 'mod_facetoface';
$module->maturity = MATURITY_STABLE;
$module->cron = 60;

Thanks

Re: Recent Updates - ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 1, got 0

by Matt Porritt -

Hi,

I'm getting this error as well on a fresh Moodle 2.3 install

by Simon Trendell -

I have encountered this error and found this issue lies with the Session roles setting in the administration settings for the module.

Go to Site Administration / Plugins / Activity Modules / Face to Face and Ctrl + Click all the options in the list so they are off or not highlighted and save.

This has resolved the issue for now, but of course there may be others. Hopefully the module will get updated in the future.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Simon Trendell

by Mark Whitington -

Thanks Simon for your advice.

I was able to create a Face to Face activity with all settings active, and no errors noted.

A Face to Face column was added for my demo student in the "Grades Book".

Unfortunately the time elapsed for the session to start but I am not able to "Take Attendance" ... is this an effect of turning off Session Roles?

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Simon,

Not sure how you figured that one out but thank you!!!

Jenna

by Alastair Munro -

Thanks Simon for the information and the work around. This gave me the information I needed to fix the issue. The latest version in github is now fixed and the patch will also be included in the next release.

Thanks,
Alastair

In reply to Alastair Munro

by Mark Whitington -

Thanks Alastair,

I have just loaded it onto my trial site:

• I have added three custom fields = OK
  • I have manually added a student
  • I have signed up as a student
  • I have taken the attendance with a student as a no show... they were able to sign up for a latter session
  • The recorded attendance flows through to the grades book and is updated if I change the attendance from "no show' to "fully attended"

I am very pleased to have this great feature back again. Great work!

Cheers

Mark

by Jenna Pitcher -

Thank you Alastair.  will you be patching the 2.1 code as well?

Jenna

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Jenna,

I have patched this bug in the moodle-2.1.x branch on github.

Cheers,
Alastair

by Jenna Pitcher -

Thank you Alastair!

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Alastair,

Your last Commit to the 2.1 branch is showing as 7 days ago whereas your edit to lib.php to correct the bug indicates 3 days ago.  After installing the current code at https://github.com/totara/facetoface-2.0/zipball/moodle-2.1.x  it seems that the current zip file does not contain the bug fix.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks,

jenna

by Jenna Pitcher -

Alastair,

My apologies.  Comment above was premature.  Again thank you

Jenna

by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) -

Hi Jenna

Has this been fixed for the 2.3 version as well? smile

Thank you

Andrea

In reply to Andrea Gregory (Gordon)

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Andrea,

Yes, I believe it has.

Jenna

by Simon Trendell -

No problem, glad I could help.

I'd of looked a bit closer and given more detail if I wasn't just evaluating the module at the time.

by Sam Mudle -

Fresh install of vanilla Moodle 2.3.2+ today.  Downloaded the latest version of the Face To Face (2012140603) from here:

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_facetoface

Installed everything with defaults on.  Found one bug right away.  If you edit a session, the details box is always empty.  However, I found a show-stopping bug dead:

Logged in as student, tried to sign up for session, got this bug:

Face to Face Error on Moodle 2.3.2

Good thing i tested this before putting it on a live site.  Oh well, now I'm going to check out Scheduler and Tutorship.

Maybe those mods are stable on Moodle 2.3.2. thoughtful

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Jeremy,

The latest code version can be found at https://github.com/totara/facetoface-2.0

by Alastair Munro -

Thanks Jenna,

For replying to this. I am planning on getting a new version up on to the plugin page but I'm trying to fix a couple of other bugs before doing so.

Cheers,
Alastair