Reports on Moodle 2.2

Reports on Moodle 2.2

by Susana L. -
Number of replies: 9

Using Moodle 2.2, I would like to know your advice on using reports... I think I'm missing something important...

For instances:

• We need to have the users reports, like in 1.9, and we don't find that option on Moodle (core)...

Reading Moodle docs I could understand that reports are much flexible now, which is great!... But how do we easily have the reports we used to have on moodle 1.9?

We also prefer the reports to be accessible from the course administration block instead of navigation block... but that's another story...

Thank you for your attention!
Best regards,
susana

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susana L.

Re: Reports on Moodle 2.2

by Susana L. -

Found a related post: 
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=203306

More people looking for the student's activity reports...

In reply to Susana L.

by Susana L. -

Please, does anyone know? Where do I find student's activity report on Moodle 2.2?

In reply to Susana L.

by Anil P -

In the Navigation side block

Courses --> Participants  --> Activity Reports  --> Complete Report

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Anil P

by Susana L. -

Hi Anil, thank you for trying to help, but here I don't find the report for a specific user..

In reply to Anil P

by Susana L. -

You are right Anil. We can access to all the reports using the navigation block... but the navigation block only shows the user Activities menu if you are visiting that user page... It is contextual also... has its logic, but it's tricky. :/

Thank you!

In reply to Susana L.

by Derek Chirnside -

Susana have you seen http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_configurable_reports

I'd be interested in a professional opinion on this.

Reports in general in 2.2 have not really caught up with the needs.  In time maybe . . .

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Susana L. -

Hi Derek,

Actually I didn't test it yet. It looks like a very interesting and flexible block... but we are about to move to moodle 2 from 1.9, we are having a LOT of work, and for now we just wanted to check if teachers can use the user report they used to have on 1.9. We also don't want to immerse teachers with new complicated features...

I wonder how other universities are handling this...

But I will check the module soon.

thank you,
susana

In reply to Susana L.

by Paul Raper -

Hi Susana,

We are upto 2.3 and also still struggling with this issue.

Has anyone solved it yet?

We have also been testing 2.5 and we don't find it addressed there either.

Paul