Databases: Profile picture loading

Databases: Profile picture loading

by Tõnis Tartes -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I recently tried to upgrade 1.9.x to 2.2.3+. 
Everything else seemes to work fine after upgrade, but there is one annoying problem.
When i'm trying to view a course participants list, then the users pictures load very slowly. It takes like 2-3 minutes to load user pictures of 20 students.

Has anyone else encountered such problem after upgrade? What could have gone wrong with the upgrade?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tõnis Tartes

Re: Databases: Profile picture loading

by Dan Poltawski -
Nope, perhaps you could try loading a single image in your browser and seeing if that loads slowly? Else perhaps investigate concurrency issues?
In reply to Dan Poltawski

Vastus: Re: Profile picture loading

by Tõnis Tartes -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for your suggestion! As it turned out, it was a server configuration issue, which my university's IT department took care.

In reply to Tõnis Tartes

回應: Vastus: Re: Profile picture loading

by Shwu-Fen Kuo -

I have encountered the same problem, could you tell me how to solve it? Thanks.

In reply to Shwu-Fen Kuo

回應: Vastus: Re: Profile picture loading

by Shwu-Fen Kuo -

I found the root cause is pix.php. When I view participans list, system will load the user's picture via pix.php. Because many people list in one page, the pix.php is executed many times.

But I still don't know how to solve this problem, maybe is server's configuration.

Does anyone know that?