Teachers can't create Rubric Templates

Teachers can't create Rubric Templates

by Rob Monk -
Number of replies: 8

I have changed the Advanced Grading setting in the teacher role to allow teachers to share Rubric Templates. 

Share advanced grading form as a templatemoodle/grade:sharegradingforms is set to allow. 

It does not work. 

Only our Admins are able to save Rubrics as templates. 

My staff are creating rubrics but are unable to share them. Is this a bug? 

Has anyone else changed the teacher role to allow sharing of grading forms?

Is their another way a staff member can develop a rubric then share it with another teacher in another course?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Monk

Re: Teachers can't create Rubric Templates

by S. kavita -
Picture of Testers

Hello Rob,

Please check out this link http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=199689#p871756

In reply to S. kavita

by Rob Monk -

This does not help me. The teacher never sees the " save as grading template" button. Why not?

In reply to Rob Monk

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you set this up according to the documentation here?  (section 2.2)

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Grades_FAQ or else here?

(section 4.1) http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Advanced_grading_methods

The role needs to be applied site wide.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rob Monk -

Ooooh. 

This seems a bit retro. I thought we were moving away from system/ sitewide roles. 

Seems a bit crude. So I have to create a role called "rubric sharers" and assign teachers to it at the site level. 

All  70 teachers. We don't like this. 

We love the Rubrics but we don't like how hard it is to share them or organize them. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rob Monk

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Not retro at all - we are moving away from the ability automatically to give teachers and students site wide roles as there were silly instances of them being enrolled in every single course even when it had nothing to do with them. But if it is a capability that is required sitewide (which being able to see and edit others' templates is) then merely allowing for the teacher role won't work as teachers are only teachers in individual courses. So it has to be given to them sitewide with another role that sits on their teacher role. It shouldn't take you more than a few minutes to assign the teachers to the new role, I'd have thought -and they still retain their roles elsewhere.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Mary, I have a question (being this late to the convo, you can tell I've been busy elsewhere),

Don't roles devolve to the lowest level? So, if USERA is a teacher in a certain course, doesn't teacher beat rubric sharer? So how/where do they do their rubric job?

Can you tell I haven't investigated rubrics? Still, I'm willing to be ignorant in public.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Mary Cooch -

Hey I am still  on 1.9 .10 so not that much less ignorant than you - I have only tried it on my own test Moodles. It must work because for instance - when we stop pupils messaging, we create a sitewide "can't message" role which is not overridden when they are mere students in a course  -or if you create a question sharer role for quiz questions to be shared over courses/categories, that is given site wide and the fact teachers are teachers in their courses doesn't stop them from being able to re-use the questions elsewhere.

In reply to Rob Monk

by Grant Swaim -

Rob,

You can reuse teacher created rubrics.

1. Set up an assignment
  2. Set "Grading Method" = "Rubric"
  3. Click on "Save and Display"
  4. Click on "Create new grading form from a template"
  5. In the Grading forms searchbox tick the box "include my own forms"
  6. Leave search box empty and click on "Search"
  7. You will then see all your previously defined rubrics along with any site level templates

You can see this covered in this video: