Change email template

Change email template

by lucas plaisantin -
Number of replies: 6

Hello
I am surprised i can not find any doc or discussion about changing the email template sent by the system, like the registration confirmation email.

Any one knows where is the html code of the emails sent from moodle?

Thank you

---

What i want to solve is : in moodle 2.2.1+ the link of confirmation in the  account registration confirmation email is not active. I receive it in Plain text, although my thunderbird accepts html email.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to lucas plaisantin

Re: Change email template

by Derek Chirnside -

I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for here Lucas.

Is this e-mail based self registration option? In this case the text of the confirmation e-mail is in the laguage settings.

Site administration > Language > Language customization

If this is bulk user upload: same.

If this is single manual account creation, I do not think an e-mail can be sent.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by lucas plaisantin -

Thank you Derek. I am talking about the email sent automatically to confirm the creation of an account.

Yes i am looking both for

1) the content, so thanks for the link.. Any idea where exactly it is? or how to find it within the huge tank of translations in > language customization?

2) but also for the html of the email. For example: where is the link of confirmacion? The html structure of the email must be written somewhere?

Cheers!

Lucas

In reply to lucas plaisantin

Ang: Re: Change email template

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can find the mail content in the string 'emailconfirmation' in the core component:

Hi {$a->firstname}, A new account has been requested at '{$a->sitename}' using your email address. To confirm your new account, please go to this web address: {$a->link} In most mail programs, this should appear as a blue link which you can just click on. If that doesn't work, then cut and paste the address into the address line at the top of your web browser window. If you need help, please contact the site administrator, {$a->admin}

Be aware that {} are placeholders for automatically generated content.

You can always find the string you are looking for by searching for part of it, just be careful not to search for content that might be automatically generated.  Select the components before you start searching.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: Re: Change email template

by Christian Mark Nisperos -

Bente Olsen,

Where can I find this 'core components' you are referring to? I already found the 'emailconfirmation' but i don't know how to modify it. Please reply as soon as you get this

Mark.

In reply to Christian Mark Nisperos

Re: Ang: Re: Change email template

by Krishna Srikanth Manda -

As of Moodle 2.8, you can change email template text in $string['emailconfirmation'] array element in lang/en/moodle.php. The tag line that appears below the email can be modified in $string['emailtagline'] array element in lang/en/message.php.

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Farhan Karmali -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

An email can be sent when single user is created if we check the generate password and notify user while creating . works at least in 2.8+