Success installing Moodle 2.2 to GoDaddy Windows shared hosting account

Re: Success installing Moodle 2.2 to GoDaddy Windows shared hosting account

by Berenice Perez -
Number of replies: 1

HI Guillermo

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help. You are totally right, the PHP version was totally wrong. The PHP version needed should be PHP 5.3. Another thing is the MYSQL version, in a web shared hosting at GoDADDY.com they provide an older version 5.0.X , so there is no way that you can install the latest version of Moodle (2.3). You have no idea how many tickets I post to godaddy, once to change the PHP version, other tu upgrade the MYSQL, etcetera. At the end I had to install Moodle 2.2 so in that way it is compatible with MYSQL 5.0.x, and I finally was able  to install Moodle at my hosting.

Thanks a lot, for taking time to answer this question

In reply to Berenice Perez

Re: Success installing Moodle 2.2 to GoDaddy Windows shared hosting account

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Are you using GoDaddy's shared hosting plan, or a Virtual Dedicated Server?  Around two years ago, I got a VDS and wanted to run Moodle 2.0 on it.  I ended up paying GoDaddy $50 to upgrade PHP and mySQL.  It was well worth the price.

More recently, I purchased a newer VDS with CentOS6, and the versions of PHP and mySQL are fine.

(PHP Version 5.3.15, MySQL 5.1.63, CENTOS 6.2, Apache 2.2.22).

I don't think you have much help when using a hosted account, you get what they give you.

You can also try another company.