Scorm report

Scorm report

by Kevin Someone -
Number of replies: 6

Version :Moodle 2.2.1

Hi,

First, let me say that I'm not very familiar with this aspect and I spent hours googling and searching through this forum to find my answers.  I'm probably missing something.

As teachers, we came accross the Moodle platform which we like very much so far.  We also use captivate to export in a SCORM format which we import into Moodle to keep tracks of our students.

When I look at the tracking tab, I can see the answers and questions but it's very unfriendly for someone with no programming or HTML background.  Like question 0, answer 0 and so on.  Is there a way to use either a plugins (if possible in Moodle) or 3rd party software to see the results more easily ?

I would like to see the actual question instead of Question0...

I apologize again if this has been asked before...

Best regards,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Someone

Re: Scorm report

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kevin, welcome to Moodle!

that Tracking report is new to Moodle 2.2 so there's probably ways we can improve it but it relies a lot on the data that the SCORM package itself passes back to Moodle - Most SCORM packages don't pass the actual question into Moodle, only the answer that a student gives and if it is correct(and some packages don't even do this!)

Moodle can only display information provided to it from the SCORM package - you might be able to modify the package to pass more useful information back to Moodle but this depends a lot on the authoring package you have used.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Kevin Someone -

OK thank you, I thought for a sec that I was missing something.  We use captivate 5.5 to export the SCORM package and sometimes we use the survey quiz and need to see the question and answer.

I take it there's no much I can do ?

When you say to modify the package, is there a specific file I need to open where I could manually insert the questions ?

by Ankit Agarwal -

Hi Kevin,

I assume you are talking about the interactions report in SCORM?

AFAIK question text support is not present in SCORM 1.2 . It is not an issue with Moodle. SCORM 2004 has a "description" field, which can be used to describe the question text, but unfortunately we donot support SCORM 2004 yet.

Thanks

In reply to Ankit Agarwal

by Kevin Someone -

Yes you're right.

For example, we could ask :

Q: What color is the car ?

A : Insert color here (student's answer)

We need to see both the question and the answer smile Do you know if this is planned in a future release ?

Thank you.

by Ankit Agarwal -

Wow! Dan you are fast! :P

@kevin

we plan to support 2004, but I cannot assure you how long it will take before we are fully supporting 2004.

Once we are supporting it, the report plugin can be improved to display question text.

Thanks

In reply to Ankit Agarwal

by Kevin Someone -

You both are fast and I thank you for that smile Great support and fast answers are always nice to have when we're in need smile

I did some further testing and was able to achieve a bit more. By changing the "cmi.interactions_1.id" on each quiz slides, I'm able to insert either a sentence or a reference to maybe an index.  Doing that, I can link the answer to the actual question.

Now the only thing I need to do untill it's fully implemented in Moodle is to find a way to either :

1- Export the report to excel and filter out the infos I need

or

2- Find a way within Moodle to show me those 2 variables inside a nice and convenient Webpage...

and then print the results if needed.

Any idea ?

This is what I get in the tracking tab after  changing the ID on the slide within Captivate.

Captivate's slide ID : Changed to Question_8

cmi.interactions_1.id     Id of the element     Question_8