Moodle 2.1 : IMS Entreprise files

Moodle 2.1 : IMS Entreprise files

by Great Valérie -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I tried to enroll new users and course memberships with xml files based on IMS Entreprise format.

Everything seems to be OK, but NO new course, NO new user, NO new membership in a my course.

Moodle seems to treat file fine, but nothing happen.

Have you any idea ?

- I activated enrollment plugin IMS Entreprise (inscription plugin)

- I put files in good folder

- I activated cron process

- No errors

- But no result

There are one of my test files (I can attach more than one file mixed).

Thank you for your help if you have any idea

What can be the problem ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Great Valérie

Re: Moodle 2.1 : IMS Entreprise files

by Adam Barbary -

There is nothing wrong with your attached file, so the problem must lie in the config of your system. Do make sure that the boxes in the config for creation are ticked. Go to Administration Settings, Plugins, Enrollments, IMS Enterprise file,  to setup the plugin (if you haven't already).

Eg.

Create user accounts for users not yet registered in Moodle

Create new (hidden) courses if not found in Moodle

Create new (hidden) course categories if not found in Moodle

The file location is critical, and the default directory is /moodle/enrol/imsenterprise/<ims_file_name.xml>

Also, if you're relying on IMS Enterprise, I strongly suggest you upgrade to 2.2 to get the benefits of a lot of work on this plugin.

Adam

In reply to Adam Barbary

Re: Moodle 2.1 : IMS Entreprise files

by Great Valérie -

Thank you for your answer.

I did all you said, what is strange for me is that with enrollment method by csv, I did had to select this method in the concerned course.

IMS Entreprise method does not appear in course parameters (users course / enrollment method). But it is not so strange, because IMS Entreprise can add a course !

I did a lot of experimentations, so it can also be due to conflicts between parameters like LDAP and so, I don't really now.

I think I will update to Moodle 2.2 if I can't resolve this problem soon.

Thank you