Help Required for Testing 2.3

Help Required for Testing 2.3

by Tim Barker -
Number of replies: 86

Hi,

I am looking for volunteers to help with testing for version 2.3 of Moodle. There will be lots of opportunities to see and test the new features that are being implemented.

Regards,

Tim Barker

Test Manager

MoodleHQ

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Barker

Re: Help Required for Testing 2.3

by Floyd Saner -

Tim,

I'm interested in helping with QA testing for Moodle 2.3.  I contacted Helen about this a couple months ago and summarized my experience and credentials.  Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Floyd

In reply to Tim Barker

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Hi Tim,

As usual we would be more than happy to help with the 2.3 QA cycle

Cheers,

Andrea

In reply to Tim Barker

by Chris Schembri Baldacchino -

Hi Tim,

Currently I am familiarising myself with Moodle 2 (v2.2) as part of an upgrade project for the institution I work for.

I am quite interested in keeping abreast to Moodle developments, thus I would be happy to help in testing.

Cheers,
Chris

In reply to Tim Barker

by Drew Blessing -

Tim,

I'm more than happy to be a part of 2.3 testing.  I look forward to hearing more .

In reply to Tim Barker

by Bryan Kersten -
I'd be more than happy to join the testing group. We'll be moving to 2.3 within next six months so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on testing out new assignments module and file picker and other features. Bryan
In reply to Bryan Kersten

by Paul Nicholls -

Likewise for both the assignment module and file picker changes - unfortunately, I'm not seeing the new assignment module in the latest master / 2.3dev build, so I can only hope that it's still on target for 2.3...

Edit:
I see that Netspot have a fork on github that contains the new mod_assign module - hopefully somebody from Netspot or HQ can weigh in here to let us know how stable / close to integration it is, but in the mean time I guess impatient individuals can grab a copy from there to see how it's looking at the moment...

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

Thanks for the response and I'll be in touch shortly. There will be some formal acceptance testing to do but I'm also interested in changing the format a little with an exploratory testing phase so you can all give the NEW stuff a real work out in whatever way you can imagine!

Anyone else who wants to help is still more than welcome.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Bryan Hauf -

Hello, Tim-

I would very much like to help with the testing of 2.3 in any capacity.

Regards,

Bryan

In reply to Tim Barker

by Rex Lorenzo -

We are also going to be upgrading to Moodle 2.3 in the summer and would like to help in making this release as great as it can be.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Sam Stegers -

Hi Tim,

I am also very willing to help you with the 2.3 testing.

Regards,

Sam

In reply to Tim Barker

by Jennifer Boisvert -

I would be willing to test Moodle 2.3 as well.

Jen

In reply to Jennifer Boisvert

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I would like to help as well.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ben reynolds -

Following Mary to say I'd like to help (but, also, to sub to this forum so I won't miss seeing what everybody has to say). Most interested in the new Assignment stuff.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Julian Ridden -
They don't call me the cowboy for nothing! I'll be in. Keen to gather some data on the new beast. Julian
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Barker

by chris h -

I would be more than happy to assist with any testing

In reply to Tim Barker

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'll give a hand too, as usual smile

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What a fantastic response to Tim's request! Many thanks to you all for volunteering. approve

If you've not been involved in QA testing previously, please make sure you have created an account in the Moodle tracker so we can add you to the testers group. Otherwise, stay tuned for the announcement within the next few weeks that we're starting the Moodle 2.3 QA cycle!

In reply to Helen Foster

by Shirley Crawford -

Yes would love to be involved we are currently testing 2.2 but may delay until 2.3, if I need my own copy to test then would have to be a local windows install on my home pc.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Shirley Crawford -

Helen

Do you know when the testing is due to start?

Shirley

In reply to Shirley Crawford

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Shirley,

Moodle 2.3 QA testing is due to start on Monday 21st May. The start date has been pushed back a bit due to a few last minute delays in major features being integrated.

It's not necessary for you to have your own copy to test, as everyone is welcome to use our QA testing site. Help with testing stuff on Windows using Internet Explorer is particularly appreciated. smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This seems surprisingly late to me. Surely everything is now integrated, more or less. Why are we not starting now, and giving ourselves an extra 2 weeks of testing time?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's actually not all integrated yet, hence the delay.  I expect the release will be two weeks late too.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Klaus Steitz -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Tim, Hello everybody!

I am also interested in testing.

kind regards from Germany
Klaus

In reply to Tim Barker

by Jennifer Edmondson -

Hi,

I'd also like to be involved in testing (I'm "jedmondson" in the moodle tracker).

Cheers,

Jen

In reply to Tim Barker

by Jean-Luc Delghust -

I'd be glad to help too. (we're preparing the upgrade of our platform from 1.9x to 2.2 as well, and I'd like to go all the way to 2.3 as I'm very much interested in the new features)

(I'm Jiel in the moodletracker)

Greetings from Belgium

In reply to Tim Barker

by Bas van Kollenburg -

Hello Tim,

Just upgrade a 2.2.2+ (offline copy) to 2.3rc  without any problems.

If i can help just say it

Greetings form Holland

Bas

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

Would anyone like to contribute any specific test scenarios?

In reply to Tim Barker

by Eva Heinrich -

Hi Tim,

I am part of the Lightwork team (see http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Lightwork). 

As we have done it in the past for Lightwork, we have written a testing document (see the last two files at http://lightwork.massey.ac.nz/documents/show/6) for the Marking Guide functionality that is to be included in 2.3.

Is this the type of scenario you are looking for? 

Regards, Eva

PS: Please add me as tester with special interest in the new assignment module.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Jean-Luc Delghust -

Hi

I'm particularly interested in the new assignment module (compatibility with some 3rd party plugins) and especially the paged course format! (have some VERY long courses that need reorganising ^^)

In reply to Tim Barker

by Aaron Metz -

Sign me up TIm, very keen to test and feedback.

Cheers,
Aaron 

In reply to Aaron Metz

by Claire Browne -

Hello,

Please sign me up!

I am eager to see the page format, the new survey module we have missed those from 1.9 when we upgraded.

In reply to Claire Browne

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Claire "... the new survey module"

Which do you mean? There is no new survey module in Moodle 2.3.sad

Joseph

In reply to Tim Barker

by Mark Fernandes -

Hi,

If you require any more help, I am keen to give you a hand.

Mark

In reply to Tim Barker

by Paul Nicholls -

I'm not sure whether I'll have enough time to commit to being part of the formal testing process, but I'll certainly be poking away at it and filing bug reports for any issues I encounter which haven't already been reported...

-Paul

In reply to Tim Barker

by John Rickard -

Hi Tim

I would be interested in looking at 2.3 for you aswell - I would be interested at looking to see if it would end up being a viable option for a college upgrade going ahead..

Cheers
John 

In reply to Tim Barker

by Paul Vaughan -

We always keep a copy of the master branch on our development server, so if I/we can be of use, count me/us in! smile

In reply to Tim Barker

by Jasmin Klindzic -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Count me in :D

In reply to Jasmin Klindzic

by Bex Ferriday -

I'd like to help out if I can: managing the College's move to Moodle 2 imminently, so this would be useful!

In reply to Tim Barker

by Keith Dingley -

Could you also add me to the list of potential testers. We are testing Moodle 2.2 at present and were to move to it starting in a couple of months. We will probably now move straight to Moolde 2.3.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Graham Paull -

Could I help with testing ? Would love to see some upcoming new features.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Lael ... -

Late reply... but would love to be involved. Very interested to test out the new file management modifications

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

Hi everyone, the countdown to testing has started in earnest. The provisional 2.3 QA testing phase start date is 21/05/2012. Stay tuned for updates. smile

In reply to Tim Barker

by Eva Heinrich -

Hi Tim,

Can I be part of specifying the testing documents/steps for the marking guide?

Regards, Eva

In reply to Eva Heinrich

by Tim Barker -

Yes please Eva! Have you written any tests in Moodle tracker before? Do you have adequate access to add tests in the MDLQA project?

Please limit the scope of your tests to MDL-31731!

In reply to Tim Barker

by Eva Heinrich -

No, I haven't used the Moodle tracker before (trying to get my head around it).

I tried to create an issue at http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLQA, but was expecting to be able to choose an issue type 'functional testing' or similar (I can only see bug, new feature, task and improvement). Am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards, Eva

In reply to Tim Barker

by Daniel Kaelin -

Tim,

I would like to help QA Moodle 2.3. 

I currently administor 100+ Moodle sites on both 1.9.10, 1.9.12 and 2.2. I am interested in seeing the file system enhancements and the paged course format. 

In reply to Tim Barker

by Chad Outten -

G'day Tim. I've done QA Testing for previous 2.x versions and happy to be involved for 2.3. Cheers, Chad.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

Just confirming with you all that QA Testing will start this coming Monday 21/05/2012. I will let you know when 2.3 has been released to the Moodle QA site and when the QA tests for 2.3 are available in tracker.

I believe you are all now members of the testing group in Moodle Tracker, if you have any problems with this next week and beyond, please let me know.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

Hi, the Moodle 2.3 QA tests are now available in Moodle Tracker. The developers at Moodle HQ are performing some last minute polishing of the 2.3 files usability feature, so the tests for that are currently marked as Moodle QA non-runners.

We expect the 2.3 file usability stuff to land shortly. However, other major 2.3 features such as the new Assignment module and Paged Course format are ready for testing.

http://qa.moodle.net/ is up to date and ready for you to log in and start your testing. Please see http://docs.moodle.org/dev/QA_testing for instructions on running a test.

The QA tests for 2.3 are at http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLQA-1814. Please run them from there.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Kingsley Udeh -

Hi Tim,

I 've finished testing MDLAQ-1902 Moodle 2.3 ongoing QA Cycle 1,  and everything was successful as written in the testing instructions.

Please how do I select appropriate action- "Pass" in the Tracker? I ve gone through the QA Instructions Manual and I'm yet to figure it out.

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks.

Kingsley.

In reply to Kingsley Udeh

by Tim Barker -

As long as you are logged into tracker you should be able to see a Pass button. You should click that.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Kingsley Udeh -

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry I still couldn't find the "Pass" button in the Moodle Tracker. Can you please look at my procesdures below and see where I do get it wrong:

1. Go to Moodle Tracker here: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLQA-1814 

Choose a task and follow description or test instructions as shown below:

2. Login to the Moodle 2.3 Testing Site http://qa.moodle.net/ and perform the above chosen tasks as shown bellow:

3. Finished testing instructions succesfully. How do I change the "Open" status in the Tracker as shown above to a "Pass" status ?

Please bear with me as my question might be too basic.

Thanks

Kingsley

In reply to Kingsley Udeh

by Helen Foster -

Hi Kingsley,

It seems you weren't a member of the testers group in the tracker. You are now though, so should see pass and fail buttons for each QA test.

Attachment qa test.png
In reply to Tim Barker

by Gus Hagelberg -

I would also be interested in testing Moodle 2.3. Let me know how I can help.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

2.3 Files Usability is now available on the QA test site. You may now execute the files usability QA tests.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Ted van den Brink -

Hello Tim,

I'm also interested in QA testing for Moodle 2.3.

BTW, the online developers meeting a few hours ago was very interesting!

In reply to Tim Barker

by Tim Barker -

More tests added to the 2.3 testing cycle. So if anyone wants to have a go at the newly, fully integrated book module or the module selector, we now have tests for them.

Don't forget that the files usability/file picker feature is now up and running on the Moodle QA test site and the tests, starting from number MDLQA-2313 are ready to run.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Carly Born -

I can help with testing!

In reply to Carly Born

by Shea Graham -
I would like to help with testing. Thanks. Shea.
In reply to Shea Graham

by Tim Barker -

Shea, I've added you to the testers group in Moodle tracker so you will be able to run tests now. Please see http://docs.moodle.org/dev/QA_testing for instructions on running a test.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Matt Gleeson -

Hi Tim,

I'm keen to help also if the opportunity is still available.
(matt.gleeson in tracker) 

Regards,

-Matt.

In reply to Tim Barker

by Rosario Carcò -

I hope I am n ot too late with this:

I changed the name of the MISCELLANEOUS, the only category present when you do a fresh install of **Moodle 2.3rc1 (Build: 20120624)**, with ID 1.

But now in every category I navigate, I see the category of this first default with its changed name in the breadcrumbs:

moodle23BreadCrumbs

And the breadcrumb link leads to Cat with ID 1. But if we are in any top level cat, the breadcrumb should simply lead to the FrontPage, I think. In the navigation block this category is boldfaced, as if we were really in this category. But we are in Hochschule für Gestaltung, with ID 5

I checked also on my 2.07 test server and at that time it was correct:

moodle207BreadCrumbs

Unfortunately I can noch check with 2.3.1 because I would need a newer version of PHP. So apologies, if it has been corrected there.

Rosario