Journal links vanished

Journal links vanished

by Martin Odenrode -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

We have recently upgraded Moodle to V2, from 1.9.

We use the Journal feature regularly, and since the update it has stopped working.

I’ve downloaded the latest update to it, but still no luck.

If I go into manage activities, I can see the following next to the journal module, “Journal – 246 – 2011110500”. When I click on the 246, I can see the courses that have used the Journal.

But there is no link access the existing journal, I can create a new one, but I require the old entries back.

Is there any way to force, some sort of update, to recreate the links?

Thanks,
Martin,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Odenrode

Re: Journal links vanished

by David Monllaó -

Hi Martin,

You shouldn't have data loss problems (http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Upgrading_to_Moodle_2.0#A_word_about_optional_plugins_and_themes) and the "246" seems to confirm it, I haven't found this error before, maybe it's a course cache problem, can you access the database and empty the modinfo field of one of the courses with journal instances? If this solves the problem please tell me

In reply to David Monllaó

by Martin Odenrode -

Hi,

I've tried the following but with no luck.

I've found a long way round, by creating a new journal, and editing the database, to point to the old Journal entry.

We could still do with a simple way to fix it.

Thanks,

Martin,

by Andrea Gregory (Gordon) -

Hi All

I'm getting the same problem - any solutions as yet? I tried the modinfo clearout but it didn't make any difference sad

Thanks

Andrea

In reply to Andrea Gregory (Gordon)

by David Monllaó -

Hi,

Unfortunately I've been unable to replicate the problem so I can not find a solution; can you please provide more info about your environment and the way you upgraded the site (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=198320#p865043) ?

Thanks in advance

Hi David

Thanks for your response. The site was upgraded from 1.9 -> 2.1 -> 2.2 -> 2.3

The Journal module was added in version 2.3 so a jump from 1.9.

May be worth trying a 2.0 or 2.1 version, then a 2.2 then going for the 2.3!

All data seems to be in place but just no entries showing.

thanks

Andrea

In reply to Andrea Gregory (Gordon)

Update...

I found that the users whose entries were present in the DB weren't actually enrolled on the course anymore.. Once I added a user to test, it appeared!

Andrea