Scroll bars with SCORM in current window

Re: Scroll bars with SCORM in current window

by Stijn Bousard -
Number of replies: 7

I also experienced scroll bars around the exercise frame in the scorm player. For me, the following solution worked:

Adapt the following file:

<moodle_root_dir>\server\moodle\lib\yui\2.9.0\build\assets\skins\sam\skin.css

look for:

.yui-layout-scroll div.yui-layout-bd{overflow:auto;}

and change it in:

.yui-layout-scroll div.yui-layout-bd{overflow:visible;}

Then refresh your local cache, and the scroll bars have disappeared.

In reply to Stijn Bousard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Good idea but better to do this in the theme css.

I'll take a look at this and if possible, might be able to get it added to SCORM style.css if Dan agrees.

Thanks for sharing.

Mary

In reply to Stijn Bousard

by Andy Muir -

Thanks Stijin

This worked for me - eventually! Took a while to figure out, but I had "Use online YUI libraries" ticked. thoughtful

In reply to Andy Muir

by Mark Aberdour -

bashing my head against a brick wall with this one. have implemented the above changes, ensured that online libraries is unticked, purged caches in Moodle, cleared local caches, but still can't get those scroll bars to disappear!

In reply to Mark Aberdour

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

make sure you're using the latest stable code - if you're using the latest stable try a different theme.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Aberdour -

Thanks Dan. I just upgraded to latest 2.2.2+ (Build: 20120315) but still have the same issue running SCORM content in current window mode with both horizontal and vertical scrolls.

If I switch to standard theme then I get vertical scroll only so that's slightly better. However the trouble there is that the SCORM navigation is in the footer of the elearning and on iPad there are no scroll bars, it just cuts off, resulting in no navigation.

I will ask a developer at our end to take a look tomoz, getting too late here now!

In reply to Mark Aberdour

by Astrid Davine -

I have the same issue with the SCORM navigation being cut off when trying to view on an iPad.

Our organisation is on Moodle 2.2 (hosted).  I'm testing Storyline SCORM (1.2) with HTML5 output in Safari.

Are there any updates on this?
Thanks, Astrid

In reply to Astrid Davine

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

We do have an open bug MDL-33179 related to viewing scorm packages on an ipad but it's likely to sit there a while unless someone funds the work to look into the issue or has a developer on staff that is able to test and develop a patch for me to review.