Can MyMoodle for iOS really download?

Can MyMoodle for iOS really download?

by Paul Masson -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have a 2.2 Moodle install on my test server, but cannot get it to connect.

I have connected to the demo site, but have not been able to download any course material.

Can anyone confirm or deny for me that the MyMoodle iPad app can download moodle content?  Specifically can it download large video files.

Any advice would  be appreciated.

Paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Masson

Re: Can MyMoodle for iOS really download?

by Paul Masson -

Well, I guess I'll take that as a no, it will not download.

Makes me regret updating my test server to php5.3.9 and Moodle 2.2

In reply to Paul Masson

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -

Hi Paul,

I confim that you can definitively download resources and visualize the ones that are recognized by the app. The recognized file format should be listed in the describtion of the app in the app store.

Cheers,

Jerome

In reply to Jérôme Mouneyrac

by Paul Masson -

Jerome,

Thank you for the response.

However, after upgrading my site to 2.2 I find that my definition of 'download' is not met.  While the app does access the content and play it, the Apple device is still true to it's nature and does not allow the user to save any of the content.

More troubling is the fact that after viewing a video file, and using the 'back' button, the app returns 'XMLRPC Error Can not find data record in database table course.'

A nice little app, but our current Joomla/Joomdle/Moodle solution still serves the iPad user best.

Thanks again,

Paul

In reply to Paul Masson

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -
Hi Paul, thanks for the information. I created a bug report for it: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-146 You can create one when you find a bug, cheers.
In reply to Jérôme Mouneyrac

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -
The best way you can do to retrieve a file from the app is to send it to the dropbox app. I don't think any other iOS app let you do much more than it. So I guess it is not a fraud to call it download smile